Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > P023D “fix”
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey
P023D “fix”

I know I’m not the only one who’s had problems with this code and the associated limp home mode, this may be of use to someone else.
Firstly I’m not a fan of “bodying” and I’m sure plenty of purists will be shaking their heads at this but I was running out of patience with this problem with my 3.6 TDV8.
It started with a cracked inlet manifold and my repair only lasted 2K miles so I had the manifold changed, unfortunately the fault code still kept returning occasionally. I swapped all of the relevant sensors about to no avail and did another smoke test where I thought the lower intercooler hose was leaking, changed that but no better. Car drives brilliantly, no smoke and I can usually drive around the problem but still annoying when I forget,
So the “fix” I asked a remapper if the fault code could be written out? First one said it couldn’t, next one said he wouldn’t, next one said yes but only if I also bought a performance remap then finally one who said he could try. I sent him the info he needed from my car via GAP iid tool, he had a look and said he could. Changes made, installed on my car again via iid tool and now drives perfectly.
Won’t be a fix for everyone and won’t cure any physical problems but it could help

Post #540381 13th Jan 2020 12:34am
gilesharrison

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Sorry, what is 'bodying'?

Post #540397 13th Jan 2020 9:07am
cass

That's what auto correct thinks bodging should be Laughing

Post #540410 13th Jan 2020 11:19am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Is this a good idea though? If there is a boost fault for example and the car doesn’t go into protected mode, it will likely cause damage? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540422 13th Jan 2020 11:52am
cass

You could be right which is why I'm not recommending this just floating the idea as an option that some might want to look at.
My view is that 3.6's are rapidly heading towards the end of their financial viability, their values are so low that it means that a lot of them are just 1 repair bill away from being scrapped. We all have a different view of how much we will spend on keeping an old car going and I was reaching that point with mine, which was a shame as it drives superbly (so much so that I use it more than my newer 4.4).
I reckon that the risk with this is far less than running a remap that makes more power than LR intended and plenty of cars seem to cope with that no problem. I'm happy to take that risk others may not - for the moment I'm more than happy with the result

Post #540438 13th Jan 2020 1:52pm
Andy

Who did the gap file and what was the cost?

I envisage it could be ok as I think my fault is one that is instant and clears as soon as it faults like say a split in a pipe that closes as soon as it opens. However that requires turning the car off and back on to clear the Fault.
On the flip side, a more serious problem wouldn’t become apparent as it wouldn’t trigger a fault. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540455 13th Jan 2020 4:35pm
cass

It was Pete Bell at BAS, I had to send him the Map from mine for him to look at first before he could give me a price so I don't want to tie his hands if yours is a more complicated job, suffice to say it was the cheapest of all the repairs that I've tried so far. I did everthing by Email and his comms and service were first rate.

Post #540469 13th Jan 2020 5:56pm
Andy

I have spoken to Pete in the past regarding my fault. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #540503 13th Jan 2020 10:37pm
cass

If anyone is considering this "fix", I've now done 1500 miles with no problems or fault codes so while I would never suggest this as an alternative to looking for the real cause of the problem I think it is a good way of getting some more life out of a car whose value wont justify a big spend on repairs.

Post #542413 30th Jan 2020 12:37pm
Andy

I’m just about to do something that I haven’t tried before and if it works I’ll be very annoyed with myself. I’m changing both MAP sensors for new ones.
The reason I didn’t do this before was because I had swapped them around thinking the fault would move from Bank A to Bank B but it didn’t. I’ve since been told that the way the car is wired to the OBD port, it will always show Bank A as a fault. So if the original Bank A sensor is moved to Bank B and faults, it will still show as Bank A.

How true this is, I don’t know but it’s worth trying. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #542417 30th Jan 2020 1:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1