Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Week 8 of no car......oh how time flies when ur having fun!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 
Week 8 of no car......oh how time flies when ur having fun!

So its only taken 6 weeks to get the . call recordings and yet Taggarts still believe they didnt give me incorrect advice about the MOT Insurance as being part of my warranty, and now only have they come back and said that the hub wont separate from the driveshaft and I'll have to buy one of them also!!!

My latest email:

The technician that’s working on your car has advised that the driveshaft is completely seized into the hub and cannot be removed. This is nothing to do with the garage that have previously tried to repair your car. I have checked with your extended warranty and they will not cover it due to the driveshaft not actually failing it is purely down to seizure due to age and mileage of the car. The cost of the drive shaft is £716.40 inc vat, this is for the part only, there is no additional labour required for this repair. If you can let me know if we can go ahead with this so we can order the driveshaft.....

That was after this belter after I did a Data Subject Access Request.....m y call recordings just magically appeared......:

Good Afternoon Mr Ingram,

Thank you for the information from EE. I have now managed to retrieve the call you require. You have spoken with one of our most experienced service advisors on the call and she has advised you correctly. There is no mention of the MOT failing, had this been the case Laura Marie would have advised of your MOT insurance, even at that stage we would not have been able to confirm whether these parts would have been covered by your MOT insurance or not without seeing the car and submitting it to your extended warranty. She has taken it from your conversation that the parts required are advisory from your MOT which at your age and mileage would not be covered as these would be deemed wear and tear.

If you can let me know your thoughts and if I can be of any further assistance please me know.

Kind Regards

I honestly give up!!!

Bill now at 2500......Ive just told them to keep the car until I contact LR and a lawyer next week! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #541792 24th Jan 2020 8:46pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

How long until the new one arrives ?

Post #541797 24th Jan 2020 10:02pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Gonna be a long summer . Laughing Pretty excited about it tbh - always fancied them......cant see it being before November.......should get build date in April I hope mate.

I'll miss the RR of course, but after all this I'm just fed up looking or dealing with them.

Todays "argument" was basically that even though I get the MOT Insurance in the Extended Warranty its not classed as my Warranty....even thought in one Paragraph it says and I quote "This Land Rover MOT Warranty only applies......" - give up tbh...gonna let somone else deal with it. got bigger fish to fry!! Laughing all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #541799 24th Jan 2020 10:21pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I hadn't realised it was such a long lead time Big Cry

I hope your issues get resolved soon

Post #541825 25th Jan 2020 7:34am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Interesting! You know there’s a special tool at JLR dealers for forcing out stubborn drive shafts? It’s a dealer only tool and I’m guessing all MD’s should have one?
I have one and as of yet I’ve never found a driveshaft it won’t remove!

Post #541833 25th Jan 2020 9:46am
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

What is the special tool number craig?

If he fires an email back at them with something along the lines of 'you should have special tool number LRXXXXXXXX for this situation'

They are planning on pulling the complete shaft and hub assembly in 1 peice anyway so why don't they put it in the press and remove it??? I'd find it hard to believe that a garage that size hasn't got a minimum 25T press sat in a corner somewhere. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #541837 25th Jan 2020 10:37am
CUE99T

Scotland 

So they have said they have a 50 Tonne press or something and it wouldnt remove it!

TBH I have given up tryiong to resolve this and just going to hand it to a legal team, cos its just rediculous.

Its gone from a bush removal to replacing half my car!!! Just quite frankly absurd!!

P all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #541893 25th Jan 2020 8:16pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Does anyone want to hear the calls?? I'd like an unbiased opinion.....

Cos I definitely mention "waiting for the MOT if the warranty covers it......"

The 2 parts to this are

1. They suggest the MOT Insurance is not my "Warranty" and believe they are separate items
2. They suggest because I never specifically suggest I've failed an MOT on the call, it wasn't for them to suggest those parts would be covered under my MOT Insurance (which I beleieve is the one and the same) - they suggest they are under wear and tear items - yet the MOT Insurance does cover them as part of a failure......

And when they suggested they tried to remove the bushes, they basically said "we cant attached the tools to remove the bushes due to the other garage damaging it" so we need to replace the hub.....now this..... all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #541894 25th Jan 2020 8:24pm
Mikey

Scotland 

Send them over Thumbs Up Laughing

Post #541898 25th Jan 2020 9:30pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The MOT Test Insurance product is separate, administered by Car Care Plan Ltd, providing up to £750 (subject to £50 excess) on specified component problems which lead to MOT failure (not just advisories) (assuming it is the same as mine). It sits alongside the LR vehicle warranty which applies for three years from new or two/now one year(s) from purchase of an approved used LR. It is much wider and does not have an excess or claims limit. A more enlightened dealer might have interrogated the OP to see which (if either) applied and then chosen the best route forward, but potential claimants would be better to assess this themselves.

In this case the involvement of the non-franchise garage makes things more difficult, as it opens the way for the argument that at least part of the problem is due to something they have done (so not covered by either the MOT Insurance or the LR product warranty but potentially the subject of a claim against that garage) rather than a failure in the OP's vehicle which might have been covered under either the MOT insurance or the vehicle warranty. Proving what caused what will be difficult and the cost, hassle and uncertainty would seem to me not worth it, especially if it is just under the MOT Insurance where £700 is the most that can be recovered anyway. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #541999 26th Jan 2020 8:00pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

But I guess its not.

the whole bill should be recoverable. If they had said "yeah we need to assess it for anything that might be poart of a warrnty claim, even under MOT Insurance, so is your car able to get up here and we can inspect it?"

Thats what I feel they should have said.

The hub wouldn't be damaged, and I certainly would not have removed it, and therefore the other part wouyldnbt be getting removed surely!!! Cos in their words its not failed!

They suggest waanty is not insurqance but in the same paragrapgh LR say this

"Land Rover MOT Test Insurance covers the cost of repair, replacement and/or adjustment to the vehicle of the specified parts listed below which are covered as a direct consequence of such parts being cited in a ‘notification of refusal to issue an MOT certificate’ (form VT30) prepared during the period of cover, as causing the vehicle to fail its MOT test. Accidental damage is not covered under this MOT Test Insurance.

This Land Rover MOT Warranty only applies provided the fault is first noticed in a MOT assessment and the MOT test falls due and is completed during the period of cover provided by the Warranty package. Only one Land Rover MOT warranty claim is permissible during the duration of the Land Rover Approved Warranty

Cover Includes:"

So why am I not covered? (gently said) all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #542046 27th Jan 2020 12:25pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So its all gonna end up woth whats a warranty vs whats an insurance Policy isnt it......

The t'internet says:

Insurance
an arrangement by which a company or the state undertakes to provide a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a specified premium.

Warranty
a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time.

thoughst..... all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #542052 27th Jan 2020 1:38pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So a week ago I logged a call with Landrover CRC.......spent 45mins on the phone with the lovely girl....who did struggle a bit to understand my accent......anyway.......

1 week later still no return call......called them back today, and they have the wrong email and wrong phone number, and the girl who sent me an email had left for the day!!!

I get the feeling its gonna be a scintillating conversation tomorrow when she calls!!! Laughing Laughing

Have spoken to a lawyer who deals in this sort of stuff and thinks the garage is acting unreasonably and would likely provide a result as I have acted in reasonable grounds, but guess its all in a court decision if they want ti to go that far now! all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #543124 5th Feb 2020 5:38pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

This doesn’t help here, but I am honestly baffled why folks take the LR warranty, it’s like tissue paper compared to the competition. I favour Warranty Direct but there are others. WD would have settled this no questions asked in my experience.

In terms of your miss-selling claim, the law is definitely on the side of the consumer and it’s worth pursuing, but this might drag in for ages. Hopefully sanity prevails! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #543176 6th Feb 2020 5:20am
CUE99T

Scotland 

All opinions are valued for me so its interesting to hear about WD.

Well the car is still at the stealers.

I called last a week past Wednesday to JLR CRC.....and waited a week for a call back, in which I ended up calling them as they had the wrong mobile, wrong email.....and wrong car in the case!!! You couldn't make it up really!!

So her and Taggarts played telephone tag and now shes off for a few days so it will be Tuesaday at the earliest I will hear what they have to say!

Ive got so bored now, but I've told Taggarts I'd be looking to sue for loss of car payment for 3 months and the bill. Not sure if they care or not. TBH I'm doing quite fine without it!! lol

P all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #543526 9th Feb 2020 10:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>