Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 2007 key fob central locking issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Shaun_

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
2007 key fob central locking issue

Hi, All.
I have researched extensively on here but seem to have a slightly different issue to everyone else with one of my keys.

My car came with two keys. Both would start it but only one remote control worked. Both were scruffy so I sent them off individually for refurbishment (inc.new batteries). When the second one came back I followed the advice on here re. re-pairing and it all worked, so I've had two fully-functioning keys for a couple of years.

Recently, however, the key I've been using most has started to need to be nearer and nearer to the car before the fob would lock or unlock it. Annoyed that it might need a new battery so soon, I nonetheless ordered a new one (OEM type), dismantled the key (very difficult BTW!) and soldered it in. I've never had a 'low battery' warning, incidentally. I had to re-pair the key which doesn't seem to be the experience of most people when changing the battery in this type of fob from what I've read and seen.

However, the key is exactly the same and still needs to be right by the vehicle to operate the locks. Very occasionally it will work from a few feet away. The other key still works perfectly from quite a distance so by my logic the problem is not with the receiver in the vehicle.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I going to need a whole new key (I don't like only having one) and if so what is the most cost-effective way to get one; is it buy a key and IID tool to code it from Dan at Duckworths? 2012 TDV8 Westminster in the New Forest

Also: Land Rover Series 3 SWB, Mercedes 280SL, Classic Mini, VW Golf SV
Previously: Audi A8, RR TDV8 Vogue, Audi Allroad, VW Golf GTI Edition 30, Audi A4 Avant, A8 x 2, A4 Sport, A6, VW Golf Mk5, Bora, Golf GTI Mk3, Jetta Mk3 Passat, Jetta Mk1, Golf Mk1

Post #543889 14th Feb 2020 1:02pm
S.Hafsmo

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

I'm having a similar issue. Curious to hear the replys. 2007 L322 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway

Post #543919 14th Feb 2020 7:29pm
Range Rover L322

United Kingdom 

I believe the traditional fix would be to use the one that works! Smile

You mention soldering a battery in... I thought they used CR2032 or similar batteries - not sure how that needs to be soldered in (apologies - I am by no means an expert, just an massive L322 driver and enthusiast)... my own car is 2012 L322 I had a key fob that didn't work properly, I read on here that they only work with Duracell batteries - I replaced the (new) Energizer with Duracell and all worked fine....

Good luck.

Post #543991 15th Feb 2020 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1