Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > L405 clicking noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba
L405 clicking noise

Reading the forum I wonder if I have a transfer box issue or something else?
It’s a 2016 SDV8 and has been showing a spot of vibration cruising at 70, lift off the power and it disappears, power back on and it reappears.
Now going right hand turns, slowish speed, on load it clicks:

Anyone else encountered this please? Or is this transfer box/software upgrade time?
Under warranty with LR.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Post #544054 16th Feb 2020 12:07am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Nothing to do with what you are enquiring about, but why is the Satnav in the drivers dash changing to the LR logo (e.g.at 28 & 51secs) every so often? All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #544078 16th Feb 2020 10:56am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

^ once the direction has been completed then it reverts to the logo....it would be nice to have a constant map like the newer FF's.... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #544080 16th Feb 2020 11:12am
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

If you are going round a right hand bend then the weight of the car is transferred to the left so I would say a drive shaft, wheel bearing or even rust build up on the left disc.

Post #544083 16th Feb 2020 12:02pm
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

To conclude this story it has had a right driveshaft replaced, anti roll bar bushes and a right droplink under Land Rover Warranty at Ian Sim Ltd in Fife -an Independent.
The prelude and getting to that satisfying point might be interesting for others........

The car had been in to Pentland Land Rover Cupar before Xmas for an air bag warning light, in the process of doing the job they trashed the door cill and interior trim. It took them four weeks to give me a date to fix their mess.
When it went in for paint and repair at their expense I said can you look at this noise - they told me they would need pre-authorisation for two hours labour at £285 plus VAT.
Told Pentland no thanks not paying that!

From dropping off the car at 08.30 on the Monday it was not moved until the Friday at 12.11, despite asking why had it not been started on?
The car came back rectified on the Monday night. They could have had a look at it while it was sitting for 4.5 days, but didn't.

I took the car down to Ian Sim and showed them the video on my first post, they said CV joint/driveshaft immediately and put it on the ramp, where the first thing they touched showed the problem.

It is now fixed and running superbly again.
Pentland Land Rover in their own words have not made things any easier for themselves when I reminded them of their fraudulent activity on my L322.
One year ago they did the flexi brake pipe recall on my L322 and charged me for a N/S/F brake pipe with clips after sending me a pre-authorisation video. £300+ on the invoice.
Two weeks later I had brake failure and it dumped brake fluid everywhere.
It was uplifted and I was sent another pre-authorisation video for.....wait for it....yes you've guessed right - a new N/S/F brake pipe with clips.
Luckily I had saved the previous video. All hell broke loose with that fraudulent activity.

Morale of the story -if you are thinking of Pentland Land Rover Cupar for maintaining your Land Rover then be advised.
They are no longer selling new Land Rovers there, it is all used so they are only Land Rover Approved for servicing.

PS good call kevinp! ^^^

Post #547602 19th Mar 2020 3:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1