Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > No iPod connector.. am I out of luck for Bovee?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
originalpy

United States 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
No iPod connector.. am I out of luck for Bovee?

NEw to me 2007 Range Rover Supercharged. I can't seem to locate any ipod connection in the stereo compartment - I'm assuming it would be the 30 pin connector sticking out in an obvious way? I have the AUX in the rear seats center console but would prefer to use the bovee for calls as well. Am I out of luck? Not looking hard enough? Can I install an ipod connection to the unit and then use the bovee?

Post #544490 19th Feb 2020 10:41pm
MattHughes86

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

in our 4.2 07 i have only found the aux input.

but im interested to see if there are other ways also If In Doubt Give It A Clout

Previous Vehicles:
Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 (is my dads though)
1.9TD Seat Toledo
1.4 Rover 214 (dont ask)
2.0 Nissan Primera SLX (i want it back)
1.4 Seat Ibiza
996cc Toyota Aygo (I miss this car???)

04 TD5 Discovery 2 (my Current Car)
07 4.2 SC FF (wifes car)

Post #544561 20th Feb 2020 2:49pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Not sure about the earlier ones but my 2010 had the connector in the centre cubby

Post #544573 20th Feb 2020 5:34pm
Garnerj

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

My 2010 and 2011 have the iPod in port in the cubby box. It then has. A cable which goes down to a module under the passenger seat which is linked into the fibre optic MOST network. I imagine it can be retro fitted if it was available in that year but prob needs to be enabled in the ccf.

Post #553415 11th May 2020 8:56am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: No iPod connector.. am I out of luck for Bovee?

originalpy wrote:
NEw to me 2007 Range Rover Supercharged. I can't seem to locate any ipod connection in the stereo compartment - I'm assuming it would be the 30 pin connector sticking out in an obvious way? I have the AUX in the rear seats center console but would prefer to use the bovee for calls as well. Am I out of luck? Not looking hard enough? Can I install an ipod connection to the unit and then use the bovee?

For your year of car this LR unit provides an ipod connection.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic40270.html?highlight=audio

It was an option and I did retrofit one which works pretty well with an old iPod 4. It is quite a strip out to fit it. There are still some available for sale if you search about. Duckworths may still have some.

Located in the glove box. Tucked up in the back.

There may be probably easier ways to achieve what you want.

PS. The NAvtool would give you more although still a few dollars.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic53128.html?highlight=navtool John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #553424 11th May 2020 10:26am
the_ferret82

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

ill add i have the same year FFRR with Ipod and it does not work with a BOVEE or a generic ipod to bluetooth adaptor. only the newer L322's with the newer audio system will work with a BOVEE which is a shame.

Post #553787 13th May 2020 9:51pm
JohnGalt11

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

I ran a 90deg bend 3.5mm Aux cable within the center console and and up into the ashtray/cubbie. There it connects to a $15.00 MPOW bluetooth adapter that is small enough that I used velcro to attach it to the inside of the ashtray lid (the ashtray in mine is missing, and I don't smoke anyway). The 12V plug there means that I can use a 10cm power cord to charge the battery on the BT adapter when necessary without a long cord strewn all over the place. This way, I can still close the lid and the setup is invisible, (although I can't close the lid while it's charging) or, I can open the lid and access the play/pause and track +/- buttons so I can change the slong without accessing the phone. Granted, nothing shows up on the infotainment screen, and the track buttons on the steering wheel don't work with this setup. This setup offers a few benefits from just plugging the Aux cable into the phone. First, it eliminates the need to access the music app on the phone to change songs etc. Second, it eliminates the wear on the 3.5 mm jack on my phone, or permits the use of the FFRR aux port with devices that do not have a 3.5mm jack. Third, placing it inside that cubby looks nice and more importantly it prevents kids or pets or people from kicking the BT adapter or the plug and breaking it or the aux port since it is right at foot height for rear seat passengers. It also puts it in a location that is easily reachable while driving for changing songs. I still use the vehicle BT system for phone calls, but if you wanted to use the adapter for voice calls, then putting it closer to you (instead of in the rear passenger area) will provide better microphone performance. Forth, the 90 deg cable in the Aux port permits the cover over the Aux port to still be closed even whil it is plugged in. Keeping it safer and looking nicer. The only part of the aux cable that is visible is the 4 cm or so between the Aux port and where it enters the center console vent immdiately below it. I can put links to the materials I used if or take some pictures if anyone is interested. 2009 L322 SC

Post #553799 13th May 2020 10:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1