Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > FF with battery only
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andyxxx

United Kingdom 
FF with battery only

I hate the push towards battery and don’t agree with it, but because of the trend, it seems my next car may be a P400e (which I really don’t want)

I want to swap my 3 year old FFSE now but may wait.

Have JLR made any announcements as to when their cars will all have a full battery option?
I don’t even know if with present battery technology it is feasible for a FF (with a decent range)?

It seems ages since the E-pace launch and would have thought there would have been more LR products filtering through with the present technology?

Post #544317 18th Feb 2020 5:12pm
jackcramerr

I tired googling what FFSE means but I came across FTSE 100.

I am asuming it is HSE Diesel as there are more diesel lovers.

Future is battery whether anyone agrees or not. It is happening. Now if you were comparing 5.0L Petrol with P400e then yeah I would have pity. But if you are unhappy with P400e vs diesel then I don't know what is there in the world to make you smile other than 5.0L Petrol then.

When I look at diesel it reminds me of Dinosaur. It reminds me of farm tractor. It reminds me of vibration and noise. It reminds me of under power. It reminds me flinstone. It reminds me.... I can keep on making fun of it Smile

Post #544472 19th Feb 2020 8:29pm
oop north

United Kingdom 

I will start by declaring my interest - I have a jaguar iPace - well I did until last Thursday when it broke and I got a full fat vogue SE as courtesy cAr. Just done 600 miles in it. The EV powertrain is spectacularly good - hugely better than the 3.0 diesel in the RR which feels rough and noisy and sluggish in comparison (though it is easier to refuel diesel than electric). As a general rule I would far rather have a Land Rover or Range Rover than a jaguar but anyway...

I have been told (by a dealer) that jaguar are going to do battery only cars with Land Rover doing PHEVs (plug in hybrids) though at some point in next 15 years that must change. However I have read in car magazines that the new Road Rover is going to be paired with the new electric only jag XJ. I have also read that there will be an EV full fat RR. But nothing official has been announced by JLR I don’t think

Post #544508 19th Feb 2020 11:09pm
andyxxx

United Kingdom 

jackcramerr wrote:
I tired googling what FFSE means

FF (VogueSE)

Post #544530 20th Feb 2020 8:55am
andyxxx

United Kingdom 

Unnecessary quote removed

Thank you.
I am aware there a plans to have a battery only new Defender.

I was rather hoping someone may have had information regarding if/when the FF would have an all battery option with a decent range.

Let me reinforce my position – I don’t agree with the hysteria towards Electrification and the push towards battery cars – certainly at the moment it is no greener and not feasible. However, the hit on a diesel vehicle in 3 years time will be even worse than the last 3 years and though I would like 5.0l petrol, cannot justify the price (and the even worse depreciation)

So at present it seems for me it is P400e, or perhaps a different brand.

Incidentally, if anybody thinks the P400e is an overall better package than even the 3l diesel, I urge you to drive it. The battery lasts for no time leaving a noisier underpowered vehicle.

Post #544533 20th Feb 2020 9:17am
jackcramerr

I will agree about the range. But I would have hands down bought 5.0L with plug in hybrid capability.

I have not tired P400e. But I did try diesel varient as the sales people were pushing it and they didn't had a 5.0L. So I nearing purchased one then of no where saw a 5.0L from a private seller. I drove it and I did not bother negotiating the price.

I have experience with other plug in hybrid cars. And I liked them. The trick was to charge them at work and home. And for 1 year I did not fill any fuel in the car.

Also, my rational for a 5.0L with battery is, when you apply brakes you loose the energy. With battery it is somewhat not wasted. You also get that initial boost off the line. And if you drive low miles and nicely, you might get better mpg. Having said that, if you do not charge the battery, you are carrying weight so you end up worse off. In hybrid mode the car is very quiet.

My feeling is every car will have a battery sooner or later. Big brands like Benetly have even intoduced plug in hybrid suv. So plugin hybrid part is well established.

For Range Rover to go full electric... I would love it. And buy it. But it will be very expensive. So at the moment, it will be out of my consideration.

Of course all the above is my experince and opinion.

Post #544547 20th Feb 2020 11:33am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I'm in the factory in Solihull today, so I'll as the question Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #544551 20th Feb 2020 12:07pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I was told....

Every car in the Range Rover line up will have the option of electric diesel petrol

So expect a FFRR but electric! Someone else said the new design is next year. Will the two arrive together???? Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #544564 20th Feb 2020 2:12pm
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

All good, but my P400e broke down after 8 months and ~4000km... So the reliability is, to say the least, typical...
When it worked, I could drive from home to work and back (about 25km), but the battery would be empty in the evening. So, the claimed 50 km of range were never more than 25-28 in everyday life. And this was a warm winter! A full electric FFRR would have to weigh 4 tons in order to get you anywhere! Anyway, as Jackcramerr said, I put £60 worth of gas the first day and drove all 8 months with it and the tank was 1/2 full when it broke... The last day the consumption went up to 20mpg with EV mode dead though!

2019 Vogue P400e

Last edited by adara on 21st Feb 2020 6:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #544570 20th Feb 2020 3:32pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Lips were tight Rolling Eyes Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #544614 20th Feb 2020 8:18pm
jackcramerr

What broke down, any idea?

I can imagine things breaking down but if warranty is valid, I expect things to fail and hope to fail. But when there isn't one then I do not want anything to fail. Smile

Post #544616 20th Feb 2020 8:21pm
adara

Honestly, I have no clue (and neither does the dealer, apparently, it’s there for two days now). Car started shaking at idle every now and then some weeks ago and I assumed it was doing it when the engine was charging the battery. But the shake turned into a rattle and the EV mode wouldn’t engage anymore… Also, the engine light came on. 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #544656 21st Feb 2020 6:39am
adara

The car is out of service now, they say they updated Epic D,C, TCM and IPC software (whatever that means) and this fixed things... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #544739 21st Feb 2020 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1