Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Ronnie the Red Range Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Bloke wrote:

Here's Ronnie laid up with his rear end hanging off in drydock for now...

Poor Ronnie, how embarrassing for him Embarassed

Laughing David

Please let me know if my comments upset you, I may wish to upset you again.

Post #515588 17th May 2019 11:17am
gettingold

United Kingdom 

Looks like one of those teenager types with their jeans halfway down their backside Mr. Green

Steve.

Post #515675 18th May 2019 5:35am
Bloke

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Boxbrownie wrote:
Bloke wrote:

Here's Ronnie laid up with his rear end hanging off in drydock for now...

Poor Ronnie, how embarrassing for him Embarassed

Laughing

Very Happy

He's fixed! Ronnie's fixed! It was yon bloody (BMW?) ultrasonic sensors which had failed in tandem. No wiring faults whatsoever, which pleases one. New cheapo sensors fitted, DTCs cleared and we have a 100% working Park Distance Control system! Fitted the new sensors in the middle so they match in their uncolour coded state and with the help of the apprentice, son, the bumper went back on with a little (bearing) grease on the mating surfaces to help it go back together as Mr LR intended. Thumbs Up

Once that was done and tested as working. I moved onto the front and gave Ronnie a nose job/upgraded front end to that of the, Vogue. Shiny, everyone loves shiny! Even though it's plastic shiny.

I think I've run out of Ronnie jobs..... Whistle

Post #515988 20th May 2019 7:51pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I really don't think you'll run out of Ronnie jobs! Razz
Looking great.
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #516012 20th May 2019 9:57pm
Bloke

Ronnie has thrown a wobbly today. Air suspension inactive on the dash, height control system led off. Stored DTCs points to FRH & LHR height sensor faults. Codes cleared but fault remains. Called out the AA who rocked up in 35 mins as per usual. Patrolman checked the fuses which were fine, found and cleared the same faults as me and resigned it to, needs to go to the garage mate. No problem, I'll drop it off with the Indy tomorrow.

He had just come from a Mecredes with a fubar electronic steering control module which resulted in the key not being recognised by the steering so the steering wouldn't even unlock. He was also saying that car has 107 computer modules, or, 107 systems just waiting to go faulty.

My Ronnie still drives perfectly well, he's just having an off day and needs a bit of counselling or something. Poor old Ronnie. GWS pal.

Post #541025 18th Jan 2020 9:05pm
Bloke

Updates on Ronnie's woes.

Spoke with LR Indy yesterday. Both codes are recurring. They've tested the sensors with a known good test sensor and ruled those out as the fault. Scott then went onto say that as both faults occured at the same time then it points to a wiring fault. He requested the wiring diagram from Land Rover which they sent and he's working through that now which is a two man job. He reckons the fault is likely nearer the ECU than the sensors and will get back to me once he's found the fault. It'll likely be a corroded terminal somewhere but finding it is the problem. Not sure if the AA will cover this, but we'll see?

Then.

They can't find fault with the wiring to either sensors. So, went back to the sensors themselves and replaced those with new ones on a sale or return basis. Fault to FHR sensor cleared and stayed clear, fault on LHR is reocurring even with the new sensor. So, this either points to an as yet unfound wiring fault, or, drum roll please..... A fault with the ECU.

Censored . As I type, they/Scott is wiring the ECU directly to the LHR sensor. If the fault clears? It's the wiring right enough. If it doesn't? It's the ECU.

ECUs are cheap enough S/H. Not sure how much labour would be involved in recoding it to Ronnie's liking though? Question

Anyone any experience of that?

Post #541622 23rd Jan 2020 5:19pm
Bloke

In other AA news. Renewal at £422.34 was quoted for 8th Feb. I phoned the AA and said, oh the RAC are quoting me £170 for the same cover (exc breakdown repair cover as they don't offer it). Okay let's have a look at that. How does a revised renewal price of £262.17 sound?

SOLD! Thumbs Up

I paid £217.12 last year which included a joining discount of £186, so the renewal price is very competitive indeed and includes the essential for Ronnie, breakdown repair cover.

I reckon they have paid out around £1200 in repairs, garage bills, alone. Not including two recoveries and a 3 day hire car. Bow down

Post #541623 23rd Jan 2020 5:22pm
Bloke

Seems the fault does relate to the EAS ECU. AA have said they will pay for a second hand ECU. Problem with that is that the INDY can't be sure the SH ECU will work be compatible due to coding.

I've found a new old stock ECU and have sent them details of that. I've also found the LR service bulletin detailing the circumstances where the replacement ECU should be carried out.

http://rangerover.x10host.com/l322/tb/LM20...gnosis.pdf

I've also sent them that in the hope it helps?

Problem is that they've not come across this EAS ECU fault before as they don't normally fail.

Post #541941 26th Jan 2020 11:06am
Bloke

Ronnie is sorted once more. I pick him up Sunday. Thumbs Up

Post #542584 31st Jan 2020 10:23pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Very good news this got resolved. I wonder what will be next! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #542808 2nd Feb 2020 8:42pm
Bloke

New ignition key added. Proper flipping, flip key added to the bunch. I now have 3.

https://ebay.us/yybCmz

Had to send it and a spare away in the post to be cut and the transponder swapped out, no-one local would touch it, losers. Both returned safe in today's post and once paired up to the remote central locking, a joy to behold.

Total cost. £35. Thumbs Up

Post #544860 23rd Feb 2020 12:13am
Bloke

While I'm here. The EAS wiring fault and repair. The AA breakdown repair insurance picked up the £500 tab for that. All I had to pay was the £35 excess. Thanks again to Scott at Glenfarg Garage for his sorting this ball ache out. Scott also gave Ronnie an oil change which was very nearly due while he was there. I paid for that, sadly. So that's me, 12 months trouble free motoring ahead. Mr. Green

Post #544861 23rd Feb 2020 12:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12