Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > BD L322 Triple Black Autobiography Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
BD L322 Triple Black Autobiography Supercharged

Today I picked up the new to me L322 Autobiography 5.0 Supercharged. It’s a MY2010 with three owners and 100K.

Not everyone’s cup a tea in its “gangsta” look but that is exactly how I wanted it. Black with privacy glass, full black interior with black leather headlining, black wheels and even the front has been blacked out.

I took a bit of a risk and travelled a few hundred miles to pick it up but I’m happy with it. It’s got all the standard Autobiography features and I think a few that weren’t described as options like the surround camera system, auto full beam etc.

Some minor niggles I encountered on my journey back south;

1. Phone not fitted - hahaha I “fixed” that by pairing a phone. Wasn’t clear to me that there is no pairing button on the menu, but when searching for my bovee I noticed LandRover so I tried it and it came alive.
2. The rear windscreen washer leaks on the inside 😬, so that needs sorting.
3. The fuel gauge was fine but after filling up and subsequently doing 173 miles so far it seems to be going up. Not sure what is going on there.
4. Whilst taking these photos in acces height mode I noticed that the left is slightly lower. In normal height it is even.

Ah well. Here she is.

Post #545067 24th Feb 2020 7:20pm
RichM63

France 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Looks good.

Congratulations. Thumbs Up L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue. 07MY
ML 320 7 Seat full leather etc. (The Black Pearl) Wink

Post #545085 25th Feb 2020 8:06am
362bkr

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

And it’s a yes from me ! Very nice 👍

Post #545087 25th Feb 2020 8:23am
Joe90

England 

You are going to have to "murder" all the lights as well Wink .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #545101 25th Feb 2020 11:37am
Bl4ckD0g

Thanks, chaps.

And yes @Joe90 I think you are right. Those lights do stand out a little.

For the rear I was thinking of those black versions like these;
https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/range-...ition.html

Likewise have a smoked third brake light.

I'm not sure yet what to do at the front. They are standing out a little too much.

Post #545109 25th Feb 2020 12:02pm
Simon_CSK

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Adriatic Blue

BD
Like the car very nice and you are right black is best. All my other cars are black just not my L322.
must have a beige or cream interior to be perfect. Rolling with laughter Current cars
Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8
Range Rover TDV8 Vogue
Range Rover P38 Vogue
Range Rover CSK
Discovery 3 HSE

Post #545159 25th Feb 2020 7:49pm
Bl4ckD0g

Thank you both.

First priorities will be some preventative maintenance. I always like getting an older car into a fully known maintenance state.

The history didn’t show anything like a gearbox flush. And the last few years seems to be just an oil service. So may treat it to the full works.

Post #545166 25th Feb 2020 8:34pm
David405

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Barolo Black

Nice L322, I think they look great in dark colours, mine was very dark blue 2013 405 TDV6 Vogue SE Barolo Black
2007 L322 TDV8 Vogue (Gone)

Post #545379 27th Feb 2020 7:45pm
Bl4ckD0g

Well that is nearly my first week in Range Rover ownership over. Definitely have learned to appreciate the character of the car a little.

The fuel gauge seems to behave again after some erratic behaviour last Monday on the journey down. In proper S/C manner it is going down now 😂

I’m waiting for a the oil seal to apply the rear windscreen motor fix. Thank you forum!

I’ve also adapted the vehicle to my liking; DRL, chirp, proper tyre size, timed heater, dab, puddle lights, easy entry etc.

It’s a bit of a mystery why so much that is there was switched off.

But I also gained access to Topix and the original build sheet. Seems my car is much more original out of the factory than I thought. I thought it had a few after market modifications to make it all black but no. Bar the 22” wheels and a hawke badge at the front, everything is entirely standard and as it was configured.

This changes my mind a little, for example I wanted to get some red callipers on it. But actually it has factory black callipers. I also won’t tamper with the lights.

And may even go back to original LandRover 20” wheels on it. 22” looks good, is no where near as harsh as I thought, but I do like even more comfort and not least lower tyre prices 👍

Post #545570 29th Feb 2020 1:50pm
Bl4ckD0g

Just had mine over a week now, and bingo for my first warning light come on 😂 Just as I booked it in for a gearbox and supercharge oils change. On my way home; was in S and pushing it a bit the coolant low warning came in 😬

It was too hot, and now too dark, to check it whether it is true or not. I’ll check it in the morning.

I understand that it could be just low (although there shouldn’t be such a thing on a closed system), the “magnet” and expansion tank, or the water pump giving an early warning, or the unthinkable 😬😢

Post #545913 3rd Mar 2020 8:20pm
WB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Check the coolant while the engine is cold - in particular look at the bottom of the expansion tank as the connection there can slip and drip a tiny amount. Might need pushing in a tad.

Welcome to the club - there are a few but not many of us 5.0 SC owners on here. I've found the US and South Africa forums have a bit more info on the 5.0 but always worth checking here first.

Post #546056 5th Mar 2020 8:55am
Bl4ckD0g

Thank you 🙏

Yes not too many about but more than I expected 👍

Unfortunately the coolant truly was low. I’ve topped it up but will keep an eye on it. Everything else seems fine. But it will be interesting to find out where it has gone 😂

After applying updates to the CCF with IID Tool I did notice a lot of smoke from the exhaust. Following the recommended restart that was gone.

Another thing I’ve been reading is that when it is low it could be a gentle warning that the water pump is about the give up.

Post #546057 5th Mar 2020 9:05am
WB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Yes you can see the water pump - front right of the engine as you stand at the grill but it's quite low down so get a torch and have a good look. Any signs of pink/red gunk and you have a leak. If its on it's original pump it may well the that.

I had my water pump replaced when I had the timing chain guides/chains and supercharger snout/bearings done. I had it done proactively as I was hearing a bit of timing chain rattle.

I'm just about to replace the PCV valve diaphragms which are another service item which seems to not be widely mentioned - this can cause smokey exhausts if the diaphragms have started to fail.

Check your fuel trims on the IID tool and post them on here as they're a good indicator if they need doing but at 100k I'd be inclined to replace them anyway.

Also worth planning to change your front and rear diff oils as well as the gearbox oil and filter and the transfer box - all should be done at 10 yrs if they haven't been done before. Also the spark plugs should be changed at 105k. Check your air filters are clean too as I had a MAF fault when I first got the car which just turned out to be dirty air filters.

Post #546058 5th Mar 2020 9:24am
Bl4ckD0g

Thanks very useful Smile

Better sell another bitcoin then Very Happy

Post #546061 5th Mar 2020 10:06am
lighthouse

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks for all this info fellow 5.0sc owner here, had the 4.2sc before and now seeing jus how many differences there are and have come to the conclusion its a revolution and not and evolution in engine terms.

PCV valve diaphragms is a new one to me can you tell me more please?

Post #546062 5th Mar 2020 10:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>