Home > Technical (L405) > Park assist and 360 cameras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
David405

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Barolo Black
Park assist and 360 cameras

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, but seems there are some very experienced people here, so if anyone has any thought on this issue it would be gratefully received:

I have a 2013 405 and in the last few weeks I've had issues with the park assist and cameras, which I understand are linked. It was with an auto electrician who was stumped and wanted to change the Park assist Module. I used my IID tool and it highlighted issues with the parking sensors, when I looked at the live values one of the rear sensors wasn't showing. I switched over the two rear centre sensors and it still showed the same one as not found. I removed the bumper and did continuity tests on each wire to all four sensors, all showed ok. I refitted the bumper but didn't reconnect the sensor loom. I now have cameras selectable until I put the car in reverse or switch the forward sensors on, when the issue reappears.

Does this indicate a faulty rear loom/sensor/connector? I'm not particularly good with car electrics, but if anyone has any thoughts, is there any way I can test each sensor? Don't want to replace the whole loom if it's a single sensor.

Thanks for your help.

Post #544215 17th Feb 2020 4:56pm
David405

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Barolo Black

Quick update,

Collected new rear bumper wiring loom, it would seem that the very early L405 has a different plug to later ones.
So:

Bumper off, new loom and four sensors plugged in. All ok.
Swap one old sensor for a new one. All ok.
Repeat. OK
Repeat. Fault, cameras not working.
So I've identified the faulty sensor, crack visible:

Three old sensors and one new plugged into old loom and bumper replaced, all working.

All in, one replacement sensor.

I'll throw the new replacement loom into the workshop, no doubt I'll need it at some point!

Now I need to learn more about using Gap IID, as I'm sure I could have narrowed it down to which sensor? or maybe not, all I was getting was that there was a fault with the front or the rear sensors.

Anyway, happy bunny, I can watch these narrow lanes and big kerbs again so less worry about the wheels. Very Happy

Now I just need to find the little white plug and the screw that holds the bumper and wheel arch liner together, as it was missing from the offside 2013 405 TDV6 Vogue SE Barolo Black
2007 L322 TDV8 Vogue (Gone)

Post #546926 12th Mar 2020 3:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1