Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Took the Plunge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
the_ferret82

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Took the Plunge

last night i brought home my new toy a 2007 FFRR TDV8 Vogue SE in Silver. im very pleased with the car it is in great condition for the year and has covered only 105,000 miles.

thank you for putting up with my questions before getting one altho im sure ill have more as the time passes on and i get to know the car.

some pictures to follow when it does not look like and ice cube.

Post #543309 7th Feb 2020 9:54am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

congratulations.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #543310 7th Feb 2020 9:57am
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Congratulations, great cars 👍👍 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #543324 7th Feb 2020 2:23pm
the_ferret82

not the best picture but a quick one i snapped earlier of the toybox.

Post #543326 7th Feb 2020 2:47pm
M@r]{

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

They look good together Thumbs Up

Post #543327 7th Feb 2020 3:05pm
the_ferret82

so i have owned my FFRR for 10 days now and its been a roller-coaster journey so far of good and bad.

first of all let me apologies for the lack of more / good pictures but the weather has not really been the type of weather to take photos, if it stops raining when im not at work ill get some taken.

as for the journey, ill start with the good. i have put about 500 miles on the car in the past 10 days and overall have to say i love driving the car, i had forgot how good if feels driving a range rover and the visibility is just fantastic. i have spent the last 5 years driving a 2005 XC90 D5, which im not going to knock it had been a great car to me over the time period it was very dependable, not the fasted in the word but would happyly pull itself along when full loaded. but it did hove some down sides with visibility which it being based upon a car. the higher up driving position of the FFRR does suit me better being 6'4 means i don't have to sit down into the car now i just slide in and the inside cabin gives so much more room. personally i think the 3.6 engine suits the FFRR perfectly, it has the right amount of grunt to effortlessly move itself down the road even with full loaded with people.

now the for the bad parts over the past 10 days i have got to know my FFRR and its bad points. some of these are ot major but things that have caught me out.

When i brought the car it was a bit smoky under hard acceleration which after a good climb over the engine before purchase didn't worry me to much as i could find no spit hoses or leaks and put it down to the EGS's just being dirty which i knew was a big job to clean but didn't worry me and could add to the to-do list when the weather was better. now queue a weeks worth of driving one on a nice drive down to Essex i noticed the car was a bit hesitate sometimes when the boost was building which it hadn't done previously, started to think i had brought a Pup. Sad i got the car home and thought it has to be a boost hose or a turbo issue so i began my investigations. while there was a break from the rain during storm Clara and i had worked a way to keep the bonnet form smacking me in the head i had a good look over all the boost hoses and track the issue down to the top right hand side boost hose, the hose had split under the fabric cover i only found it buy cutting this cover off something that not doable on the forecourt of a used car dealership. after much cursing i removed the hose and duct taped it up with a good few layers and took it out for a drive and she was driving perfectly no hesitation when building boost and no more black smoke under heavy acceleration happy days. as this was now a Sunday i jumped on-line and did a bit of research on here and uncle goggle and decided to buy the Britpart Silicone hose intercooler kit. working on the basis they don't rot and should never burst these turned up by by mid week and i fitted only the top two hoses for the time being as there easily accessible im going to save the other until the weather is better.

additional when i bough the car i noticed it was low on coolant not massively but only a little and with no obvious leaks after a drive and no change in the fluid level this did no worry me it could have just been low and not filled properly in the last service by a big company known for tires and services. the used car dealer topped it up as part of the sale and i made a mental note to keep and eye on it. i checked it every time i drive the car and released it kept dropping by 2CM every time and them coming back up since the dealer topped it up thinking the worst of a head gasket failure my heard sunk, i had been bitten my a P38 twice in the past but remembering a FFRR coolant system was a sod to bled air from, so i used this forum to look up the bleed process and then carried out the correct bleed process and changed the rad cap as British parts is 5 mins round the corner (literately) and this stopped the fluid level dropping by 2CM, the coolant system had a massive air pocket, happy days. but being paranoid from my past experience i kept and eye on it. a week passed and i noticed no difference in fluid levels until yesterday when i spotted it had dropped but only marginally. Sad so in-between the rain yesterday i had a good climb over the engine again with a bright torch and an inspection camera i found remains of dried coolant around the thermostat housing / oil filter. so im going to order myself a new thermostat housing and thermostat from britishparts and then measure and get some silicone hoses fro the rest of the manifold system and the two coolant elbows that are recommended to be replaced while in there and do the work myself i know its a big job but not one im afraid of. so am likely to do this next month as its not a bad leek i just need to keep an eye on it.

also i had noticed a rattle from the passenger door when the a bass heavy song was playing after some careful listening i found this out to be a blown speaker so after trying to source one from a breaker i gave up and just brought a new on from Land Rover direct for £55 after getting the door car off and replacing the speaker i found that half the clips on one side of the door are either missing or snapped off so how a set no new clips on order. not a major problem just annoying.

my car is fitted with a ACM and i know a lot of people rant about it being crap and im having to say im starting too understand as im having random ACM crashes bu i think this could be down to how its fitted as i need to take the glove box out to replace the blown build i will look then, im also goign to get it connect up to SDD and see if there is any updates / codes for it when i get 5 mins.

other then this the only other problem i know about is a slight worn Driver sun visor if anyone knows where to find one of these in Grey can they left me know as im not having much luck with beakers.

i know a lot of this post sound negative but im really loving the car dispute its teething issues and hopign once these are sorted that it will be a good car to me.

Post #544200 17th Feb 2020 2:23pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I love the design of the L322, especially with the non bling grille. 👍

Post #544211 17th Feb 2020 4:26pm
the_ferret82

LT, have to say the tart in me wants the supercharged style grille but that's a nice to have right now not a need.

Post #544218 17th Feb 2020 5:59pm
coopss

looks like a few teething issues but nothing too drastic! nice purchase. Looking for one myself (still)

Post #544348 18th Feb 2020 9:01pm
the_ferret82

thank you,

i do think i got a good purchase and i do love the car just annoying that i need to do big work quite early on in my ownership but the bonus is i know it will be done right and should be good for another 100K

Post #544569 20th Feb 2020 4:25pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Turbo hoses are a very common failure and as you say where the top right splits is hidden. Had exactly the same on mine.

Once done they should last a good while. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #544823 22nd Feb 2020 5:29pm
the_ferret82

Have finally managed to grab some pics this weekend in between the weather. so as promised here is some better pics of my FFRR and also an update on things

As for updates...

i know its a bit old news but i had the bonnet up the weekend checking some details before ordering the last set of parts i want / need for for starting on the job of replacing the thermostat housing so i grabbed a pic of the new top intercooler hoses

Click image to enlarge

i also spent the past week playing with all the toys in the FFRR to get to know how to use them but really just to play Smile after a bit of fiddling i worked out my Venture Cam would not work, managed to delete the camera but could not get it to re-pair or turn on i deduced the batteries must have died as its been plugged into the charger since i had the car. so did some reading on here and watching a youtube video and took the camera apart to put new batteries in. as i was not willing to spend £20 on new batteries i bought 2 packs fo 4 rechargeable AAA batteries from the local home bargains for £3.99 a pack and set about creating my own battery pack. took me a few hours end to end, grabbed some pics of the process

new battery cell mocked up and a diagram showing the orientation of the batteries

battery cell back in the camera and about to be closed up

and the camera working

SmileSmile

i have also updated the Sat Nav map disc to the latest one i i had. after some reading i found out the Sat Nav system is a MMM2 system which is the same as some Volvos and you can use the same discs. i actually had some discs kickign around from my old Volvo which would work so i now have 2018 maps instead of 2004 Maps, not sure why a car built in 2007 had 2004 maps in it, but upgrade Smile

as im a bit of a tart i ordered a LED light kit for the interior and have now swapped out all the interior lights with White LED lights even the glove-box which is quite a pain to fit. i originally thought that light in the glove-box was originally blown but it turned out he plunger that operates the light was broke, someone had previously opened it up and lost the spring that pushed the plunger back-out, so after pulling a spring out of a pen i got the plunger for the glove box light working. sorry no pics.

next thing to look at is research why the IR headphones in the back only work when the IR cover is removed i think the IR sensors are getting weak, time fro some reading to keep my youngest neice happy who wants to watch DVD's everytime she is in the back of my car.

Post #544946 23rd Feb 2020 9:12pm
the_ferret82

had a busy weekend last weekend and finally managed to get the leaky thermostat housing replaced on the RR and a few choice upgrades while i was there..

Engine stripped

Click image to enlarge

Reassembled

Small tweak needed

as stated replaced the thermostat housing it tuned out mine had more holes in that an colander. so replaced the whole housing and while i was in there i replaced the elbows from the thermostat housing to the block with silicone hoses i got some generic ones of the right diameter and cut them down to size using the old ones as a template. i also blocked off the EGR while i was in there and as you can see also replaced the intake hoses with silicone hoses as well, i did the same brought elbows and straight of the right diameter and then cut them down to size using the old ones as a guide. i also replaced a number of hose clamps with new jubilee hose clamps

after finding a small leak after a few days on the front i tightened it up and re-blead the system and i seam to be holding water Smile

Post #547964 22nd Mar 2020 10:47pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Very nice car, good colour Thumbs Up

When I first got fatty I ran my battery flat watching a dvd in the car on my drive doh!!

Post #547969 22nd Mar 2020 11:47pm
the_ferret82

not done that yet... but have tested the DVD works.

Post #547984 23rd Mar 2020 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1