Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Converting Bike Rack to LED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Converting Bike Rack to LED

I did a search but nothing specific to L405. For a while now I have had a stop light not working and recently an indicator packed up (both on the bike rack). There is no error warning at all for the stop light and the way I knew the indicator had failed was the little trailer on the dashboard display didn't flash when turning left (it was the LHS bulb). If I replace all the lights on the bike rack stop/tail/fog/reverse/indicator will there be a problem? has anyone done this? anything to watch out for? Geoff

Post #547758 20th Mar 2020 7:45pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Generally should be fine to replace bulbs with LED ones as long as you source and fit canbus error free type ones.

LEDs have a much lower resistance / impedance compared to a filament bulb, and some of the light control modules check for a resistance as a means to check the bulb is working or not.

The canbus error free ones replicate that resistance and this keeps the LCM happy most of the time.

What you may find is that with LED's fitted, the light board plugged in and the car off, you may still be able to see the LED bulbs pulse ever so faintly ( only visible at night in the dark sometimes. MY L322's did this. It seemed like the LCM was always pulsing testing the light circuits even when the car was off.

Either way, it'll not break fitting LED bulbs. . V8 or else ...

Post #549647 7th Apr 2020 6:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1