Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Front PDC sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Front PDC sensors

I was able to restore the rear PDC sensors in working order a few weeks ago. They were unplugged from the boot space plug (the one by the hidden storage box) and another wire which was cut, along the rear bumper was replaced.
Now I don't get the long beep and flashes any more and rear sensors are working flawlessly.
The front ones however are still not working and none of them seems to emit any sound. The front plug is connected to the main unit.

Is there, like there is for the rear, any intermediate plug (apart from the individual ones, which are all connected) for the front sensors and if yes, where is it located?

If there is none and provided everything is properly connected could, it be that they have been deactivated by the dealership at some point?

Any input appreciated.

Post #549743 8th Apr 2020 8:05pm
vs322

Following up on this old post...

I went to the local dealership this morning and the front PDC sensors had indeed been switched off at some point. Once re-activated the warning light would flash with the usual beeps and the diagnostic shows fault of all 4. Listening close, they emit no sound either. Evil or Very Mad Now, you didn't think it would be that easy, did you Laughing ?
The technician suspects some wiring problem or a disconnected main plug. Seems like we have a bumper off job ahead ... Switched them off till then and keep using the rear ones.

Any clues as to where the front bumper harness plugs in would be appreciated. If there's a way of checking it without removing the bumper that would be great, too.

Thanks

Post #600444 13th Jul 2021 8:53am
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 

The front harness plugs in to the loom under the front bumper cover on the driver's side (RHD) on the end of the metal bumper.

Bumper cover has to come off but that's not too bad a job to do on the drive.... Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #600459 13th Jul 2021 11:29am
vs322

Ahhh Thanks for this Thumbs Up . I knew there had to be a connector somewhere inaccessible Laughing I absolutely HATE removing plastic clips, trims etc. so I think I'd better visit the body shop nearby for peace of mind.

Post #600472 13th Jul 2021 12:11pm
vs322

After four years I finally got around to fixing the front pdc sensors Laughing
There was a multitude of issues with the fornt bumper loom. From chafed wires to missing plugs and disconnected or faulty sensors.

I had purchased three brand new sensors from the internet and even managed to wire them properly, get them all to click and register distance on the IID before putting everything back together. Until they suddenly didn't. Before I was able to properly test the system it failed with error message "ultrasonic sensors voltage" Censored

Could never get any of the front sensors to click again so I had to disconnect the blue plug from the PDC unit and re-select "rear pdc only".

I always suspected the last one fitted (front outer right) but that was a brand new one. No way. It must have been the cables if you asked me.

Today I dug up an old sensor from my spares box and decided to take a different approach. Pulled the outer right front sensor and plugged in the spare old one. Activated front and rear pdc and ... Bob's your uncle Thumbs Up Now need to turn down the front beeper volume a bit but I've had enough for the day.

Not that I think of it 🤔 everything's working on the FF and it feels kind of weird Rolling Eyes

Post #675543 14th Oct 2023 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1