Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Maintaining your PHEV during lockdown
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ilard

United Kingdom 
Maintaining your PHEV during lockdown

I found Land Rover's email about how to maintain the P400e during lockdown very interesting, mainly because it states that keeping the car plugged into power maintains the 12V battery. I never knew this, although. guess it's kinda obvious. They also imply that keeping the batter at 100% is a good thing (electronics firms might advise, for example, that keeping a phone or laptop at 80% is optimal for the longevity of the battery).

Also, they recommend firing up the petrol once every 2 weeks for at least 15 mins while setting the climate to 22 C with AC enabled. I presume this guidance would apply for any of us low milage drivers or those who manage to drive on EV across many consecutive days.

Finally, the bit about checking the charge every 30 days, they say to charge it if the level is below 50%. I have not seen that written before, only that it should be charged every 30 days. Saving this email in case I ever need a battery warranty claim and they get fussy about charging history!

This is the full text for 'Maintain your battery' section for those interested:

Quote:
During lockdown, we would recommend keeping your Land Rover PHEV plugged in to your home charging point at all times whether this is via a three-pin plug or Wall Box. The advantage of this, is that it will keep your PHEV’s drive battery at a maximum state of charge, while simultaneously maintaining the 12V battery required to support the running of your vehicle. Your PHEV will only charge up to the point required, so will not continue to draw charge past this point at any additional charge for electricity, even while still plugged in.

If keeping your PHEV continuously on charge is not an option, then it is advised you check the charge level of your Land Rover once every 30 days, and to recharge your PHEV if the levels fall below 50%.

In addition to this, we would recommend that you run your petrol engine once every two weeks for 15 minutes to protect the state of charge of the battery. To run your petrol engine, you will need to deactivate the Auto Stop/Start system in your vehicle which disables Electric Vehicle (EV) mode on PHEVs temporarily.

To deactivate the Auto Stop/Start system, press the Vehicle icon on your lower Touch Screen and select the ‘A’ OFF icon. You will notice the message ‘Auto Stop/Start Off’ display in your instrument panel. This will allow you to run your petrol engine. While you run the engine once every two weeks for 15 minutes, please ensure that the heat in the cabin is set to 22 degrees with the AC switched on. Repeat this process every two weeks as required.
 L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #550756 18th Apr 2020 9:28am
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

I also got the message, interestingly we were away for one month last year, the car wasn't connected to mains, still, the charge was 95% when we came back...
I wasn't aware that turning off auto stop/start engages the petrol engine, that's good to know!
Also, this part is interesting: keeping it plugged simultaneously maintains the 12V battery. Only problem, my mains charger triggers an error message at 99% most of the time... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #550764 18th Apr 2020 10:49am
Historian

United Kingdom 

One has to wonder how many of those second hand models sitting in dealers will be similarly looked after.

Post #550911 19th Apr 2020 8:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1