Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > NavTool - Carplay, HDMI mirroring, video in etc. 2008 L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 12 <123 ... 567 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Bowman

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Roi354 wrote:
As I don't have an AUX in the centre console of my 2005 Vogue, am I going to regret buying one of these?
i have the same problem did you find a way round this I was wondering if there was a way of splicing into the system

Post #552480 2nd May 2020 8:30pm
sergeiicz

Czech Republic 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

well i read whole thread but ... anyone fitted that navtool to RR 2010 FL?

this: https://www.navtool.com/land-rover-range-r...rplay.aspx

thank you

Post #554690 20th May 2020 10:54pm
leusfx

Does anyone know if hdmi input from the navtool can be sent onto the rear seat displays? Or is it working on the main front screen only.

Post #555042 23rd May 2020 8:44pm
Andy.smith07793

United Kingdom 

Hi I’ve just had one of these fitted but it’s not coming up on the screen. It just says Navigation not fitted. My iPhone connects to the CarPlay and the blue and green light lights up. Dose this mean that the original sat nav is faulty or dose the new unit simply by pass the old unit?

Post #559219 27th Jun 2020 11:32am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Have you got your phone plugged in? The Navtool goes in in parallel with the existing system. When you switch on and the nav screen comes up do you get the choice of “on road” or “off road”? If so when you touch “on road” , for example, do you get the original nav screen with the map? When you get the choice of on road or off road do you press and hold the Nav button beside the display to get the Navtool screen? John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #559222 27th Jun 2020 11:51am
Andy.smith07793

United Kingdom 

The sat nave disc was missing when I brought the Range Rover. It’s always said Navigation not fitted.

Post #559223 27th Jun 2020 12:10pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

You probably need a disc to get the system to operate. Will check mine later with the disc out.

PS. Put your car details onyour information. Makes it easier to reply to any queries you may have. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #559226 27th Jun 2020 12:29pm
Andy.smith07793

United Kingdom 

Ok I will do that. Thanks for your help.

Post #559241 27th Jun 2020 1:59pm
jkmmrs

United States 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Hi, this is my first posting on this forum, which is a great source of information. Just finished installing the NavTool CarPlay in my 2007 HSE and can confirm that it works better than I could have expected. The screen image is clear and the sound is also really good - I was afraid of a drop-off in sound quality by using the AUX input but that is not the case. Am in the US, so the product arrived within a few days, and the YouTube instructions were all that were needed for a relatively painless install (OK, I forgot to reconnect the right rear seat heater, but it's probably never been used and am not keen to disassemble the center console again to keep all of the wiring neat). The L322 is a great vehicle and this update is really worthwhile in my opinion.

Post #560538 7th Jul 2020 6:35pm
jkmmrs

Follow-up question. Does anyone have an idea as to how to tap into the MOST system for the CD player to provide sound for Apple CarPlay? I took out the CD player and inserted a MOST loop to keep the system connected. The CarPlay from NavTool uses an RCA connection to the AUX input for sound - would be nice to replace that with the previous CD connection providing the sound via MOST.
Thanks
Jay

Post #560702 8th Jul 2020 7:45pm
jkmmrs

Using Roku to stream Netflix via HDMI:

Post #560738 9th Jul 2020 4:45am
Djbonsu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

jkmmrs wrote:
Hi, this is my first posting on this forum, which is a great source of information. Just finished installing the NavTool CarPlay in my 2007 HSE and can confirm that it works better than I could have expected. The screen image is clear and the sound is also really good - I was afraid of a drop-off in sound quality by using the AUX input but that is not the case. Am in the US, so the product arrived within a few days, and the YouTube instructions were all that were needed for a relatively painless install (OK, I forgot to reconnect the right rear seat heater, but it's probably never been used and am not keen to disassemble the center console again to keep all of the wiring neat). The L322 is a great vehicle and this update is really worthwhile in my opinion.

The only way to do that is to get a hold of the factory LR iPod kit aka ACM. Pretty hard to find but there is a way to get one via emailing Sophia - Sophie.Alltoft@duckworth.co.uk They will ship to US I believe as well.

Post #561441 14th Jul 2020 4:15pm
Djbonsu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I have also pulled the trigger on the navtool and installed it and the Range Rover ACM kit (for sound output of the navtool interface) as well as I have a MY2005 L322 that did NOT have aux or RSE. Install was pretty straight forward and I soldered all of the wires I cut. I ran the mic and aux rca cables along the drivers side and the USB extension and hdmi cable under the rear carpet into the console. Everything worked as it should upon firing it up UNTIL i started the car and was getting a NASTY buzz/humm that I sourced was coming from the navtool interface Sad It was wiered that I only heard the hum when the car was running and never heard this interference before. I called navtool and he told me to check my aux as I may have used cheap non shielded cable (that wasn't the case as I bought shielded cables to avoid this). I swapped another cable to see if that was it but it the noise was still persisnet. In a last effort I went to best buy and bought a ground loop isolator and viola, no more buzz/hummm when the car was running Thumbs Up The only downside is the the ground loop isolator seemed to attenuate the signal a bit so I lost some gain for the aux signal but however the volume is still very good. Its a pet peeve of mine to have to crank the system more than I would like but I will look into a gain booster later. Nonetheless, I think the unit is awesome and works well (functionality wise) for the most part. My L322 doesnt have a rear view camera and I will add that next week or so. The functionality is there when you put the car in reverse however I did notice that upon initial startup/wake-up of the interface (if the car was all locked), it attempts to toggle the screen to activate the camera view but does not do this successfully. Rather you have to press the NAV button to see the camera when in reverse BUT once you press the button and attempt to reverse again, the screen toggles successfully. Very wired issue but maybe actually installing my camera will sort this isssue. We shall see. If not I may send the unit back to navtool to address those issues. Do I think its worth the money still? YES considering they offered a 20-25% discount wheen i bought it and it does add an ergonomic update to the l322 IMO. Hope this helps someone looking to fit/install this.

Post #563617 4th Aug 2020 9:27pm
jkmmrs

Glad the NavTool product worked for you. I’m happy with it so far. Really a good option for the 2006-2009 FFRR as you can connect everything in the left rear compartment and not take out the head unit. Also has full touch screen control with voice control for phone calls and to retrieve verbal text and What’s App messages. I have been playing with the idea of using the MOST and electric connections from my CD changer for CarPlay audio. FWIW I got the CDC out by manipulating a large flat blade screwdriver to pop the side bolts out, avoiding having to disassemble the glove box. Spoke with the guy at NavTV about their MOST-AUX-RR product. It may be more $ and trouble than it’s worth, as it would be necessary to connect 3 electrical wires in addition to the MOST fiber optic: red (always on) positive, black (ground) and blue (switched positive). The first 2 wires are already there, waiting to be connected from the CDC. However, the blue wire is needed to toggle the system on and off. Not sure I wanted to spend another $350 to be able to listen to CarPlay via the CD button vs the AUX button, but it seems feasible. In the meantime my CD button is just greyed out. Will probably connect a USB port with those available + and - wires in the upper glovebox.
Jay

Post #563625 5th Aug 2020 12:20am
jkmmrs

Sorry for the previous sideways double posting of my CarPlay screen. Meant to post this picture of the connections in the rear of the truck:

Post #563626 5th Aug 2020 12:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 12 <123 ... 567 ... 101112>