Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 2011 4.4 TDV8 Oxygen (lambda) Sensor error P0130 rough idle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rw90

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
2011 4.4 TDV8 Oxygen (lambda) Sensor error P0130 rough idle

My latest issue is a rough running engine and restricted performance.

GAP IID tool shows "P0130-12 (2F) O2 sensor circuit (bank1 sensor1) - General Electrical failure - circuit short to battery"

I've spent most of the day on the forum looking for oxygen sensor information, but I'm still a bit stuck...
The live values show 0V and 0 Amps on the oxygen sensor, so i reckon it's either a broken cable or the sensor needs replacing.
I've looked at wiring diagrams and confirmed fuses are all OK too.

The error can be cleared, but comes back immediately - the only time it stayed off was when there was no load on the engine, as we were going downhill or decelerating, but reappeared as soon as power was applied (cruise control or throttle pedal).

MAF sensor seems to be working fine and giving sensible airflow.

In the attached image from the WM, location point 3 is the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) and point 4 is the pre-cat temperature sensor.

A) Can I replace this myself?
B) Is bank 1 upstream of the cat? Bank 1 for the cat temp sensor is downstream (from wiring diagram).
C) Is the correct part LR001370?

Hoping someone has done/experienced this before. I'm going to go under the car tomorrow to have an initial look at what's there!

Click image to enlarge

Post #542101 27th Jan 2020 10:37pm
rw90

Update:
After many hours of frustration, I have replaced the heated oxygen (lambda) sensor with a brand new genuine Bosch part for £60 (same part as I removed). It required a 22mm O2 sensor removal tool, I bought the laser one for £11.99 (trade) at Halfords.

The access is gained underneath the car by removing one metal shield (6 bolts) and part of a small heat shield (2 out of 3 bolts). I had to use a breaker bar to gently ease the sensor out of its position.

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the upstream one, in position 3 on the above diagram.. The part number is confirmed as "LR001370", although you can use the Bosch part number "0 258 017 118/119" or the Ford part number "7G91-9D375-AA".

Sadly, I still have the error Big Cry and the voltage on the IID tool still reads 0V Banging Head. Can anyone confirm if they have a voltage reading on their Oxygen Sensor through an OBD reader? Engine 4.4 TDV8 > Oxygen Sensor Voltage.

Post #542424 30th Jan 2020 2:36pm
aids22

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Rimini Red

Is this the right one?
Done with the engine running and up to temperature

Click image to enlarge

Post #542453 30th Jan 2020 6:43pm
rw90

Yes - Many thanks!

Now I'm even more confused! Beginning to think there may be other gremlins hiding in under the bonnet. Tomorrow is a check of the charge air manifold (doughnut) and the intake manifolds for any signs of leaking.

Post #542476 30th Jan 2020 9:19pm
rw90

Next update...

All manifolds are OK!

Turns out the rough idle and restricted performance was a failing injector, which has been replaced (£465 all in) . Wasn't appearing as a "confirmed" fault, but rather as a "pending" fault on the IID. However I still think I have an issue as my MPG is only about 25, down from around 30ish (ever an optimist!) and I still have the O2 sensor circuit open fault code and 0V across the O2 sensor.

My live equivalence ratio is either 0.997 or 0.998 almost permanently - is this normal that it doesn't really change?

Post #544237 17th Feb 2020 8:58pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I must sat RW Your experience is a bit odd, I read nearly every 4.4TDV8 error post here and I've not read about an injector fail or an o2 sensor fail either.

Maybe your MPG will settle?

Also suggest before replacing sensors to track their cables, unplug and verify. Perhaps that will find your zero value one?

Interested to know how you gained the Ford or Bosch part numbers. I replaced my manifold EGR sensor at around £75 (JLR) and I know it would have been a £30 Ford part if I knew the correct PN.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #544241 17th Feb 2020 9:28pm
rw90

Belated Update...

Turns out one injector lead was at fault with poor soldering. New lead was only 5GBP, but with all the in/out of the garage inc new injector and labour, total bill is just under 700GBP Big Cry.

Due to number 7 injector throwing a fault, the ECU didn't send a voltage to the Lambda sensor hence the open circuit error.

The Bosch and ford numbers were on the sensor itself - a quick google of each gave the cross reference.

It's great to have your car back to normal, and hence I forgot to update this thread. Thanks for all the ideas!

Post #556254 2nd Jun 2020 8:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1