Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Why take the vogue badge off.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Wilpert

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Why take the vogue badge off.

Recently acquired an sdv8 vogue SE.
It didn’t really occur to me on initial inspection but the Vogue SE badge has been removed or was never put there in the first place.
I suspect the car may have been an ex demo as it has very low miles and the spec is very good but why remove the badge?

Anybody else have this done in theirs, it doesn’t bother me at all just seems a bit odd.

Post #560404 6th Jul 2020 7:27pm
notanrdx

United States 2017 Range Rover TDV6 Fuji White

Some people think de-badging looks better?
Could have been removed to make detailing easier?

Post #560409 6th Jul 2020 8:03pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

I have always had the model badges removed from my cars, it is what it is in my opinion. I leave the makers mark Thumbs Up

Post #560410 6th Jul 2020 8:17pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Has the boot been painted? do the rest of the lettering align correctly?

Personally i wouldn't remove badge, but that is my view. There used to be an option for de-badging but dont think thats been around for a while??

Post #560413 6th Jul 2020 9:09pm
Wilpert

Doesn’t look like any of the panels etc. have been painted, I have spoken with one of the previous sellers, who took the car in from the first owner. They are a prestige car company in Yorkshire and they did respray the grill, side bits and wheels in gloss black but they told me it’s what they often do with range rovers. Same as the black pack thing as they have a 2 million pound body shop. So I suppose they could have done it at the same time. I couldn’t discount that bodywork hasn’t been done but if it has it looks pretty good to me.

Post #560430 7th Jul 2020 5:31am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If your car has been black pack’d then removing a silver badge doesn’t always result in replacing it with a black badge! Model badges may not be available in black? Or may only be available aftermarket? And that doesn’t suit everyone? Sometimes less is more???

Post #560438 7th Jul 2020 7:51am
jackcramerr

Someone here used the term poverty spec when badges are removed.
Any car that has panels re painted should not be valued the same as factory paint. Dealers sell them like that and make good margin but it is not fair as they buy it cheap.

Someone told me that in car auctions cars with painted panels sell for much less and are graded lower.

Post #560439 7th Jul 2020 7:55am
Wilpert

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
If your car has been black pack’d then removing a silver badge doesn’t always result in replacing it with a black badge! Model badges may not be available in black? Or may only be available aftermarket? And that doesn’t suit everyone? Sometimes less is more???

I probably didnt expalin what i meant properly, the badge has been removed from the rear nearside, i.e. the Vogue SE badge, although I hadnt even considered or looked at the front badge.

I will look tonight and see what has been done there, if anything.
The bodywork that has been carried out is respraying of the side panels, (I dont know what these are called, the bits between the doors and front wings), the front grille and the wheels. It has definatley been done properly, as I have had a really good look at it and IMHO it makes the car look much better. I prefer to chrome finish but maybe thats just me.

The rest of the bodywork looks really clean and sound but then a 4 year old car with 16k miles shouldnt have had too much of a hard life.

Post #560441 7th Jul 2020 8:05am
Cam-Tech-Craig

jackcramerr

Hmmmm, I’m not sure I buy into that theory sir... as someone who has a lot of paintwork done on mine and customer cars, good paint should be virtually invisible!

Most trade buyers from auctions wouldn’t know good paint if it took a stick and beat them with it!!!

The times I’ve had conversations with sales staff asking for a true evaluation of the paint on a car before I would travel to view it! Even if they need to walk around it with their Bodyshop manager first! They almost always lie through their teeth imho! Big Cry

In fact the most honest car dealer/seller I’ve dealt with recently was Mazda in Torquay! TAKE NOTE JLR DEALERS!!! it is possible Yawn Whistle

Last edited by Cam-Tech-Craig on 7th Jul 2020 8:10am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #560443 7th Jul 2020 8:08am
Wilpert

jackcramerr wrote:
Someone here used the term poverty spec when badges are removed.
Any car that has panels re painted should not be valued the same as factory paint. Dealers sell them like that and make good margin but it is not fair as they buy it cheap.

Someone told me that in car auctions cars with painted panels sell for much less and are graded lower.

Could be true, although the spec on this car is way over the standard SE spec, so taking the badge off would have done a disservice, no panels painted - just the black bits, unless I am missing something.

Post #560444 7th Jul 2020 8:09am
Cam-Tech-Craig

Looking at your car picture in your gallery Wilpert, yours has definitely had the black pack treatment (as long as it wasn’t ordered that way from factory) and as I said above, it looks like either the correct badge isn’t available in black? Or not available through JLR? Or the third option Whistle maybe the owner thought it looked more like a debadged AB car with the extra paint???

Post #560446 7th Jul 2020 8:18am
Martin2

England 

jackcramerr wrote:
Someone here used the term poverty spec when badges are removed

I don't like badges at all, especially those that show an engine size or trim level and are on one side of the boot with nothing to balance it out visually on the other side. I can't think of any reason for having them other than to show other people! I know some people rebadge to hide a lower spec, but it's been the opposite for me. I ordered my last two cars without the badges, a 535d and 750i. The cheap plastic M badges on the front wings were also removed, they're even worse.

The RR is the first car I've not debadged. I'm tempted to remove both the Land Rover and Autobiography badges, but at least they balance each other out and are fairly discreet. If there was an SDV8 badge below the AB one, that would have gone. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #560453 7th Jul 2020 8:48am
jackcramerr

I love badges to show how much I spent on the car and it isn't diesel I.e. I am not scared of fuel costs, tax etc. I am one of those people who think cars are meant to be shown and used.
535d looks bad to me but I still won't remove it. It is what it is. But if I was saving on fuel and wanted to show off, I'd badge it MSPORT or whatever the petrol variant is. I know it seems unfair but it would boost my ego. Very Happy

Post #560459 7th Jul 2020 9:47am
Martin2

England 

I'm lost for words....!

Do you have to buy a new car every year so people know you're not driving a used car because you can't afford a new one? Wink

A more serious question, do you leave the standard plate on or do you have your own? MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #560461 7th Jul 2020 10:02am
madasmad

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Mine has the black pack and does not have a Vogue or SE badge but does have the black Land Rover badge on the other side. 2019 Autobiography SDV8 Byron blue/black - current
2016 Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black/Ivory - sold
2009 RR Sport TDV8 HSE - sold

Post #560464 7th Jul 2020 10:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>