Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Black screen of doom....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Thegingerone

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Black screen of doom....

Evening guys and girls, I’m after some assistance before I end up ripping out what little ginger hair I have left (blessing in disguise maybe)
I own a 2006 vogue SE with touch screen, logic 7 etc, driving home yesterday sound went intermittent then cut out completely, screen turned off n that was that, orange light still flashing on the volume button

Got it home, had a nosey in the boot area and found the culprit (common corrosion on Nokia kit) did the fibre bypass loop and it started working again, made a plastic tube to hold the two cables together pulled them out to reseat them, re aligned and nothing, no optic light whatsoever, No screen, no orange light, no fibre output from any of the cables (checked the optical feed into the rear quarter, no red light)

I’ve had the car in pieces today, removed the IHU checked power to it, all ok, checked the radio unit same location, again power to this, though no optical output from either unit, checked all fuses all ok, battery resets etc. Checked units in boot, power to units but no optical feed, one thing I did notice is that even though the DVD navi drive has power, it won’t eject the disc. Checked all fuses in the rear fuse board, all ok, though the audio ones have no power running to them? Swapped the IHU relay didn’t make a difference. I’ve completely lost my head with it today.

I’ve read on other forums that the navi drive could have failed, but I’m sure this isn’t in the MOST loop as there’s no optical input on the unit. I’m not sure whether the DVD navigation drive acts as a slave unit for the front screen and if so, would this cause the issues I’m having. Checked all units for water ingress, corrosion on pins etc, the only unit I found issues with is the Nokia module

All help greatly appreciated, two weeks into ownership and my patience is being tested already, I don’t want to go replacing units left right and centre and still not find the problem.

From reading various forum posts, the radio unit (behind the front screen) is the originator of the MOST optical signal, as I’ve said, this unit had power, just no output

thanks guys n girls for any assistance

Post #558560 22nd Jun 2020 12:15am
Thegingerone

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Update...

Stripped it down again today, I believe my issue lies within the radio control unit behind the dashboard screen

I read somewhere this is the originator of the MOST signal, is anyone able to confirm this? If so, I have a very feint flickering red light from the optical output, not consistent, just a very faint flickering, could this be my issue? A fried radio module

Post #558621 22nd Jun 2020 5:36pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

see if you can pick a cheep one up on line and try it ? my tv packed in a couple of wks ago and i just bypassed it all working again most loop was working well tho Thumbs Up

Post #558759 23rd Jun 2020 7:19pm
warover

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Thegingerone, did you complete the repair of your system. I have very similiar problem and am hoping that I can benefit from your work. 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4L Jag Engine Zambezi Silver/Charcoal Leather
2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Premium AWD Liquid Platinum/fCharcoal Leather
2003 BMW X5 4.4L 2 Axle Air Suspension Alpine White/Tan Leather
2001 BMW Z3 2.5L Atlanta Blue/Tan top and Tan Leather (James Bond Color Scheme)
1999 Range Rover P38 4.0SE (Bosch) Black/Tan SOLD
1991 Range Rover Classic Red/Tan SOLD

Post #561820 17th Jul 2020 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1