Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Deal or no deal?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 

United Kingdom 

Thanks Phil - very helpful. I managed to get a c. £13k discount in the end (after haggling), split between cash discount and finance contribution, so not sure whether that was that good an outcome.
I think you are right if you can get a decent discount of course that is the best protection - looks like in your case you have already got significantly >1 year of depreciation in your back pocket - so kudos!
For me the PCP debate solely comes down to the cost of financing that portion versus any alternative finance cost. Of course if you can pay it off in cash (after your finance contribution is banked) then its probably better to do that, but if you have to finance then its just if there is a differential in the funding cost you could get independently versus the benefit of the one way option at the end of the PCP.
At the moment dealers seem mostly to be offering 5.9% on a PCP, so unless I can materially beat that then I'm not sure it is worth breaking the PCP and losing the GFMV option.
Exploring options currently so will update if I find any good solutions.

Post #562229 21st Jul 2020 10:40am

United Kingdom 

Martin2 wrote:
Magnitude finance is worth a look, they offer PCPs at around 6% on used cars. Not great, but better than some main dealers.

I haven't used them, but the the calculator is useful for getting an idea on the expected value when looking at different options.

Many thanks Martin - will take a look at that. Not sure if it will end up being better than the LR deal for new car given about the same rate, but will give them a go. Appreciated.

Post #562231 21st Jul 2020 10:44am
Martin2

England 

It's unlikely to be better for a new car due to manufacturer incentives, but it's useful if you're buying used. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #562233 21st Jul 2020 10:54am

United Kingdom 

Had a quick look Martin - looks like you are right sadly!

Post #562248 21st Jul 2020 2:07pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

jackcramerr wrote:
How do you haggle

You make a credible, realistic offer and wait for the dealer to come down in price.

Post #562272 21st Jul 2020 7:54pm
725browning

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

You make a good point there Jim. I've said before here that I hope I'm wrong but we could be heading for a huge crunch. My line of work has had me involved with house builders such as persimmons etc for over 30 yrs and when they twitch you take the advice. An MD for he East Midlands persimmon told me in 2007 to get finances into shape as its not looking good. I did just that and tried to tell a few friends who all said it's just a hiccup. I'm bloody glad I listened and they are saying the same again. I've been trying to get a deal on a defender 110 hse for over a week. 2 smug main dealers have told me no discount Bec the order books are full at landrover for the defender. Let's see what happenes in Jan or Feb when a Censored of those orders are cancelled and half the pcp ones are being handed back. I'll pot the money and hang on.

Post #562394 22nd Jul 2020 9:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12