Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Parking Sensors PDC - Rear Speaker / Sounder missing?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nearnshaw

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black
Parking Sensors PDC - Rear Speaker / Sounder missing?

Hi - I have a 2011 4.4 TDV8, my Parking Sensors don't work and the fault code (B1B52-01) suggests that the rear sounder isn't working.

Having looked into it I think its missing altogether, getting photo of this though to confirm its location has been really difficult - please could someone confirm if in the UK for a 2011 it's located on the driver's side (RHS) cubby in the rear? I've two wires there that I am almost certain should be connecting to it but can't find the actual speaker anywhere so it may have been removed?

The PDC module itself is actually in the opposite side (LHS) cubby in this years model, I've seen in earlier years it was located behind the rear fuse box in the RHS but they seemed to have moved it over but I suspect the speaker itself might still be there or not in my case!

Post #562971 29th Jul 2020 10:56am
Tugger

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The sounder is a black circular object attached to a metal plate in the driver's side (RHS) rear cubby. Hope the attached pics help a bit.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 09 RR Westminster 3.6TDV8 - Stornoway Grey / Black interior - now gone (sad face)
Nissan X Trail 1.6TDCi Tekna
Fiat 500 1.2

Post #562981 29th Jul 2020 12:00pm
nearnshaw

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks for the pictures - very helpful and confirmed that the wires I'd found were for the speaker.

One arrived today in the post today, just fitted it and all my sensors are up and working, both front and back - which also seemed to confirm that a fault in the system - either front or back disables both.

Interestingly enough mine doesn't actually have the bracket that I can see where your speaker was attached - but I can see a couple of bolt holes where something like that may have been attached, although it doesn't look bolted on in your version - no idea why someone took the time to remove it - but its working now, so another job ticked off!

Post #563090 30th Jul 2020 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1