Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2008 TDV8 Power Folding mirrors issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
6029 king Stephen

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red
2008 TDV8 Power Folding mirrors issue

I have recently acquired a 2008 L322 TDV8 and the power folding mirrors have an issue. I searched the site for an answer and tried out the advice given but it hasn’t sorted out the problem.

When I press the power fold button, both mirrors fold in but then fold out immediately. I tried this several times but the result was the same. As per the advice given on this site, I depressed the button twice in quick succession. When I pressed the button the driver’s side (RHD) mirror folded in and held. Another push of the button moved the mirror back out. The near side mirror did not move.

I pressed the button again twice in quick succession and this this time the near side mirror moved but the driver’s one didn’t. I tried this procedure with the engine running and with the ignition in position 2 position. I then tried pressing the button once, waited 15 seconds and the pressed it again. When I pressed the button nothing happened.

After switching off the ignition, I retried the pressing twice procedure and now the drivers side mirror moves but the passenger one doesn’t, although I can hear the motor moving - does this suggest the connecting arm has come off the motor and could this affect both mirrors folding and holding in the folded position?

Thanks,

Steve

Post #562586 25th Jul 2020 8:19am
Discofish

England 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

had the same problem with my passenger side it would fold in but then go back out, I took off the cover and gave everything a good clean out and checked electrical connections where poss and after repeated operation it now stays put Smile to be honest I think it's down to a dirty connection or micro switch and once the contact cleans up a bit it'll be fine.

Post #563525 4th Aug 2020 10:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1