Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > SYTNER GROUP - GUY SALMON LAND ROVER, BRISTOL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
SYTNER GROUP - GUY SALMON LAND ROVER, BRISTOL

A bit of a rant here guys not related to buying a vehicle.

Last Friday my future son in law was involved in a very serious RTC on his motorcycle whilst riding to work as a vehicle technician with Guy Salmon Land Rover, Bristol.

A vehicle turned right ahead of him and he ran into the side at speed. He received a bleed on the brain, 3 broken vertebrae, 4 broken ribs, dislocation and breaks of the fingers in his left hand, internal bruising to his bladder and other organs, a broken knee cap and a break to his left leg and a large cut across the left hand side of his forehead.

He is only 26, a former Royal Navy Marine Engineer, doesn’t drink and rides sensibly. Luckily he had invested in very good motorcycle armoured leathers and a £600 crash helmet. These saved his life.

My daughter has just phoned me in tears informing me that his Manager in the Guy Salmon Land Rover Bristol dealership has been in touch today and told him that “technically” due to Covid19 he has not passed his probation period and therefore in danger of loosing his job due to the RTC he was involved in! 😡

To say I am livid at this total lack of care and compassion is an understatement. I went into the dealership the day after his accident to speak to a Senior Manager to update them on his condition. Apparently they were all too busy........

I have purchased 5 new Range Rovers using the Sytner Group and am appalled and disgusted.

All I can say at this exact moment in time is what a bunch of C@#£s

Jim

Post #564381 12th Aug 2020 9:23pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Haven't been anywhere near Guy Salmon Bristol for over 7 years after they tried to rob me of over £1000 for a new ABS unit when they hadn't even taken the connector off the incumbent to inspect. Told the DP where to shove it and they would never see any of my 3 RRs ever, nor those of my friends and colleagues.

Can concur, bunch of Twunts.

Post #564389 12th Aug 2020 10:12pm
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Hi Jim, dear fellow Bristolian.
While the behaviour of the management is absolutely questionable to say the least, you must stay positive in this very difficult time for your family - as you said his quality gear saved his life and he is still with us and fighting.
I think I can speak on behalf of all the RR community that we do wish your son in law a quick recovery.
Please let us know how he gets on in the next few weeks and how/if we can help support him.
All the best. l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #564410 13th Aug 2020 12:03am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Here here, well said J...

Best of luck for a quick recovery, also from a fellow Bristolian biker... Thumbs Up

Post #564413 13th Aug 2020 12:28am
whippetman

Guy Salmon showing their true colours here.
I definitely won’t be using them too.
Try posting review on Trustpilot.
Hope recovery is swift.
Best wishes.

Post #564417 13th Aug 2020 6:55am
IGP

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Siberian Silver

Try writing to Head Office and see if you get a better response. According to the blurb on their website, they put the employees at the heart of everything.

link

Ivan 2013 Vogue SE SDV8
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Luxury

Post #564420 13th Aug 2020 7:49am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds like a bad accident - hopefully he makes a speedy & full recovery.

Tread carefully with his employer - and may be worth taking some professional advice, to even just posting on some legal specific forums.

When you say the manager has been in touch - was that a call, or a letter ? It may well be that someone is trying to get out of paying extended sick pay - so you need to be clear on the probation conditions & whether COVID actually changed anything.

I wouldn't be taking any proactive action without understanding all aspects of what might be going on....

Post #564426 13th Aug 2020 8:39am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

I'm sort of a fel;low Bristolian as I was born there.

I can only join the others with their best wishes. It just goes to show you simply cannot put a monetary price on good motorcycle protective gear.

The attitude of management is utterly appalling, but, I fear if "the norm" throughout this organisation and probably goes right to the top. I don't suppose it would be any good contacting JLR either ?

I fear a nasty conflict on the horizon but don't let them grind you down. Personal;ly, I would try to keep the matter away from the mainstream media to start with and involve them if you have to if they really do dig their heels in.

Sadly, I fear this sort of attitude is becoming more commonplace and CV-19 is being used as an excuse. I myself are currently on 3-months suspension from agency HGV driving for "having a bad attitude to a driver trainer" - my attitude was after being informed of a couple of minor infringements (quite common & I accepted the minor reprimand) I had the gall to bring up a number of H & S issues. Not what you would expect from a well known suoermarket that likes to think its at the top of the food chain (literally). 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #564428 13th Aug 2020 8:48am
Bradders

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Sorry to hear about your future son in laws accident Jim. I would join in wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

As for GS's attitude - words fail me. Current: FF Westminster money pit

Gone:
RRS 4.2 SC
RRS 3.6 TDV8
FL2 TD4

Post #564436 13th Aug 2020 9:17am
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

As a former employee of Guy Salmon (further up north) all i will say is that i am not surprised at all by their response Censored . As for GS putting employees at the heart of everything Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I wish your son in law a full and speedy recovery Thumbs Up Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Post #564974 19th Aug 2020 9:34am
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Best wishes on his recovery 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #564975 19th Aug 2020 9:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1