Home > My Range Rover > My Supercharged Range Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RossRRSV8

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver
My Supercharged Range Rover

Hello all!

Thought I should get on here and show you all my Range Rover Supercharged bought back in July. Im sure I will be needing all your know how soon enough!

A brief introduction of how I got here... I was happily living my life with a 2004 Mercedes E55 AMG Estate, a car which I rate as one of the best ive ever owned. Ive been in M5s,M3s, Audi RS6/RS4s, Porsches, Ford Cosworths earlier on in life but at 39 years old I needed the practicality of an estate to lug the family around with but didnt want to lose the shove of a decent engine. The E55 AMG had it all, near 500bhp, 516lb ft, 7 seats, lots of toys and the most wonderful Supercharged 5.4 V8, possibly the best engine ive ever sat behind. Anyway out of the blue we decided we would like to visit more of the UK and impulse bought a caravan to drag around. Shockingly my beloved AMG wagon with all that torque had no type approval for towing!

Always liked the Range Rover, my dad had one many years ago when I was a kid so decided thats where I would start. The search began for a very nice TD6 or a higher miles TDV8 L322. After viewing 8 different cars of different spec and miles it became apparent that I was going to have get lucky to find one that didnt have something broken or a big job looming. A late night search on ebay brought up a silver Supercharged RR that looked stunning and the ad read like it had been cherished. A little research online and I was on my way to view!

So here it is, my 55 plate Supercharged Range Rover, absolutely packed with toys all of which work! (for now). Test drive went well and the owner was someone I was happy to buy a car from, he had it owned it for over 5 years and clearly was very fond of it and had not cut any corners with it. It drives absolutely beautifully, wafts along totally effortlessly and consumes petrol like its going out of fashion. Sounds absolutely perfect, no where near the pace of the E55 but I do love a Supercharged V8. So far she has totally behaved, covered 2k miles with the family in and fully loaded up as we have driven round the country in style!

Post #566251 4th Sep 2020 9:22am
lighthouse

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Welcome to he SC club, I loved my 4.2 beautiful SC noise, the 5.0 I have now Is too quiet for my liking.

Enjoy they are wonderful, Always thought they should;dl have made a 200l fuel tank would make visits to the garage less often.

Post #566257 4th Sep 2020 10:36am
RossRRSV8

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

Haha

I come from an E60 M5 which had the worlds smallest fuel tank with one of the worlds thirstiest V10 engines, annoying combination!

Post #566258 4th Sep 2020 10:39am
V8Noise

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Carpathian Grey

Not quite as bad as a Defender 50th. You get more fuel in a tin of beans, with the beans still in it and that 4.0 V8 certainly knows how to suck up unleaded.

The RR of the OP is same as mine although I have a cream interior. Has it had the S/c coolant pump done yet. If not, it will go tits up around 80k. As will the Nav aerial and the rear wiper motor although the last 2 apply to all L322's.

Still marvelous vehicles, so enjoy. 2017 5.0 Autobiography Supercharged
2005 Merc SL350
2005 Disco HSE 2.7 oil burner

Post #566263 4th Sep 2020 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1