Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Just bought a Range Rover!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Steved1806

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

Fox889 wrote:
Aaaah, another Westminster....nice!
My thoughts are the same as jackie-o.
I think most members on here could be classed as 'anal' when it comes to servicing & have their RR's spot on, I'm right up there with them.
Treat your new purchase like a 'blank canvas'. When I bought my Westie last year [12 months ago this week] I had a major service done at my local Indy, Diff oils, transfer box oil, engine oil & most important I had a Megaflush gearbox service.
There is info on this forum about the difference between a Megaflush & just a gearbox oil & filter service, worth looking at.

If you crawl under the car & look at where the rear of the engine is then look down at the exhaust, if there's oil hanging around then chances are you've got oil cooler problems. I pulled up on a petrol forecourt one day & there was a haze of burnt oil wafting up from the bonnet.......oil cooler!

These l322's are the dogs danglers, no doubt about it, but they need constant love & attention. It's taken me best part of a year to get mine how I want it, so be prepared to part with the odd penny.

I really want to sort mine too as is fantastic. Thanks for the info on th Megaflush particularly, I’ll get one of those done

Post #566456 6th Sep 2020 7:20pm
Steved1806

jackie-o wrote:
And, unless you can find documentation it has already been done, I would change all fluids including engine oil, diffs, transfer case and gearbox with filters.

Well worth the peace of mind imho 👍

Thanks for the info. Are there any internal pollen filters etc to change do you know?

Post #566457 6th Sep 2020 7:29pm
Steved1806

Discotigger wrote:
Welcome to the madhouse...Forum!
Main points to check are:
Oil Cooler, as stated in posts above look for oil leaks around the V, on the engine undertray and back of engine. I had this leak and just required new O-Rings and Oil Cooler Gaskets.
Intake Plenum Hoses. Look at the four small sections of rubber hose that connect into the Intake Plenum, the original LR ones often split / perish and lead to Restricted Performance problems.
Climate seats, can get problems with the Heated Seat (mainly on driver's seat) function, caused by split / damaged ducting which leads to the peltier cell failing.

Apart from the above, the 4.4 TDV8 is an awesome Fattie, I went from a TD6 that I owned for eight years to a 4.4 TDV8 Westie late last year and the difference is unbelievable!

Finally, I would recommend you invest in a GAP IID Tool, they are absolutely invaluable and will repay themselves many times over. Thumbs Up

The drivers seat doesn’t seem to be warming up, so I’ll need to take a look at the ducting first. I take it they’re attached to the underside of the seat?

Post #566458 6th Sep 2020 7:33pm
jackie-o

Netherlands 

Steve, yes.

If you change that along with the fuel filter and fluids as above then you have pretty much done the big ”inspection 2” and then some.... RR Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - 11
Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - 02

LR Discovery 4 SDV6 -11 - Gone
RR Vogue 3.6 TDV8 - Gone

Post #566459 6th Sep 2020 7:55pm
Steved1806

Great, I’ll do all of that for piece of mind. Thank you

Post #566460 6th Sep 2020 8:15pm
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Quote: The drivers seat doesn’t seem to be warming up, so I’ll need to take a look at the ducting first. I take it they’re attached to the underside of the seat?

There are two peltier heater / cooler units, one on the seat base and one on the seat back. There's a great thread on this forum about the problems... thread below.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44946...ooled+seat

Loads of info, unfortunately not a cheap fix though Big Cry

Post #566464 6th Sep 2020 9:00pm
Steved1806

Thanks, I didn't expect it would be Laughing

Post #566502 7th Sep 2020 11:28am
Steved1806

Just had the gearbox serviced. Cost £460 all in for top quality oil and filter replacement. For anyone in the Newcastle area I can strongly recommend Austrin Gearbox Services. Extremely professional outfit and really know what they are talking about. Even had a cut open 8speed ZF box in reception to look at.

Post #567079 14th Sep 2020 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12