Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Picked it up today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
HS66

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Picked it up today

So I went to go and pick up my car today, took a punt on a MY2007 TDV8 Vogue with 128k miles, cost me just over £3k out the door at auction and am pretty happy with it to be honest!.
Engine is really smooth and pulls well, no smoke and turbos are boosting as they should, oil looks clean too, no knocks,jolts or judders from the gearbox it’s smooth and changes up and down as it should got a fair bit of service history with it but no receipts unfortunately, a lot of it is LR so might contact the dealers to see what’s been done.
The alloys all need a refurb and it has a little bit of bubbling rust on the N/S rear arch and a little bit on the top tailgate too, cracked O/S rear light lens so I will get a new unit off eBay, few scratches etc but they will all polish out and aren’t deep, only other one is the AC isn’t blowing cold so I will get it regassed at work next week and hope there are no leaks!, if there is or the compressor/condenser needs replacing I’d rather know now and can do it over the winter.
First and foremost I’m going to get it serviced and then get the gearbox oil and filter changed for piece of mind.
Added bonus it has the cooled and heated seats and it came with a funny little remote thing with ON and OFF buttons on it which I think could be for the diesel heater?, no idea how to set it or how it works though.
Bluetooth works with my phone and the sound system is pretty good, overall very happy with it Thumbs Up .

Post #567487 19th Sep 2020 4:35pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

sounds like a bargain...looking forward to seeing some pics... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #567490 19th Sep 2020 4:52pm
Tugger

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Re: Picked it up today

HS66 wrote:
and it came with a funny little remote thing with ON and OFF buttons on it which I think could be for the diesel heater?, no idea how to set it or how it works though.

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Pre-heats the car interior without starting the engine. Only works in certain conditions (outside temp has to be below a certain threshold being the main one, ISTR there is something about fuel levels and battery charge involved as well). There's various threads on here about it:

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic45222.html?highlight=fbh
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic49899.html?highlight=fbh
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic50974.html?highlight=fbh

Word of warning, the FBHs are quite fragile. Mine worked for a few months and then quit, something that seems to have happened with quite a few other members here. Nice little feature, when it works Laughing 09 RR Westminster 3.6TDV8 - Stornoway Grey / Black interior - now gone (sad face)
Nissan X Trail 1.6TDCi Tekna
Fiat 500 1.2

Post #567704 22nd Sep 2020 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1