Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
725browning

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I was concerned about the 240 but now having used it I didn't worry at all. I used it for a 300mile round trip and it drove very well and feels planted. It gets up there with ample torque and cruises at high speeds as well as my ff. I would never speed but some say it cruises beautifully at 85 or 90. For me, it's not where it sits in the market or whether it's as good as the old landrovers we have had in our family for ever. It's about a vehicle we can keep for hopefully many years and if luck holds out I can give it to my granddaughter in 5p yrs for her first car then so on from there. We have never been without a landrover and this is one vehicle that ticks all our boxes. Having said all that, spending almost 3k extra on ladders, side carriers and an expedition roof rack just because the grand kids wanted them wasn't the smartest move. I mentioned it was not for everyone but I still say that if you try a 240 or the 6 cyl for a weekend and use the new technology you would be at least pleasantly supprised or god forbid even happy and that's from someone who is an old fart and doesn't do change. Rolling with laughter

Post #568722 3rd Oct 2020 9:33am
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

I must admit it sounds like a good all rounder!

The reason I sold my L494 and spent the last 18 months running around in “Sylvia” is that I wanted to see what the Defender would be like when it was launched. Speaking to people who have test driven them and purchased them I have t heard many negative comments. Personally I’m waiting for the 90 to be released before I make a decision on whether or not to buy, as with car technology changing every few months I am happy to plod around in my 15 year old L322 which owes me nothing.

So you kicked Guy Salmon LR Northampton into touch? I doesn't surprise me based on yours and others experience of the dealership since Susie and Alex moved on.......

Jim

Post #568732 3rd Oct 2020 11:01am
725browning

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Yes , I stopped using them completely. I have done alot of business with susie but this year made me realise how far down the pan they have gone since losing some key staff. Not sure if others here have used grange but I gave them try and it's worked out great in my case. I used grange at south woodford and I cant fault them. The sat nav had an error fro. Loading g and they sent a driver up to Northampton to collect and rectify within 24hrs of making a call.

Post #568736 3rd Oct 2020 11:39am
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

It’s always such a shame when the expected service from your your local LR dealership drops to such a low standard that you are forced to walk away. The sad thing is, is that GS Northampton don’t appear to care when established customers go to competitors?

I had 5 new Range Rovers for my wife and I over a 6 year period, but when Alex, the Dealer Principle, was moved to another site the rot set in. I doubt that I will ever use them again.

Jim

Post #568739 3rd Oct 2020 11:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12