Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Changed the battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cavalier

2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey
Changed the battery

Hi i have been having trouble starting my 2011 4.4, sounds very much like the starter motor. So I bought a new LR battery as the one fitted is 6 years old and a new starter motor. The car is going in for a service and fitting of the new motor at my local indie. But because I was bored during this second lockdown, I decided I wanted to try and change the battery myself. OMG what a Censored weight to lift out.
Anyway did it all OK, following information on our site. But I think I may be one of the unlucky ones that needs the car telling it has a new battery. Because I now have a battery symbol up on the dash and a charging fault warning. Do you think these warnings will go away after my Indie re sets the codes?.

PLUS does anyone know how to get the little Censored clips that keep the bonnet stays locked on, back on!! I didn’t mean to pull them right off, but I did and now I can’t get them back on. Big Cry

After taking the old battery out, I tested it with a foxwell tester and it appears to be OK, state of Heath etc 100% cranking speed higher than 850, so if anyone is stuck for a battery you can have this one for free.

Post #572588 12th Nov 2020 4:51pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

It will need coding, and then needs clearing the fault codes. A decent indie should be able to do that.

Post #572613 12th Nov 2020 8:52pm
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I know you can use the gap Iid tool to tell the car it has a new battery but don't think that was totally necessary as eventually the car works out itself it has a new battery. I think telling the car it has a new battery just resets the battery monitoring system in case it has disabled any features. It's recommended that you turn the steering wheel fully left and then right to set the steering angle sensors.

The bonnets stays are always a little fiddly, there's a metal band half what around the ball joints, to remove you just price them out with a flat edge screw driver as there is a little gap at the top of the band. Once it's off and loose just push the band back in, you then push it back onto the metal ball and it pops back into place

Post #572622 12th Nov 2020 9:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1