Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rear Wiper - Not Moving or Spraying
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ashmyster79

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Rear Wiper - Not Moving or Spraying

Another issue with my 15 day old 4.2 Supercharged. Rear wiper not working although in the cabin you can hear a faint noise when I push the stalk back to operate. Checked fuses all seem good.

So decided a bit of wd40 to start. Removed the rear spoiler to gain access. Sprayed it and it moved out of position almost half way down. Result I thought. Changed the blade (driving over 20 years but these things always get me)

Blade changed I tried to move it back in to position with the stalk and no movement. Every now and then a little move but nothing. Decided to take the motor out gove it a clean. MY GOD DID IT NEED A CLEAN!!!

Apparently car was used to pull a jetski once and mainly motorway driving however I doubted that story from the seller. I think all my problems with it (engine, gearbox, missfires, fumes & electricals) stem from it being abused on a farm or definitely a muddy environment.

Took the unit apart cleared out all the mud from the cogs and gearage etc put it back..... no luck. I think all the dirt trying to be moved under its own power has burnt something out imternally. Pics attached

I might try one more thorough clean in a solution if I can do it without getting the electrics wet.

Post #572598 12th Nov 2020 6:19pm
Ashmyster79

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

So after cleaning quickly I put back on and it didnt work. I thought I would leave it till today. Stripped it bck down again

Removed top spoiler
Removed wiper unit
Stripped down
Took all cogs out
Cleaned cogs and teeth
Wd40 all moving parts

Reassembled and wala.... IT WORKS!!!

However there is a liquid leak just where the pipe goes in to the connector on the unit. That bit has a small gap (due to use and age) so when I spray the water it goes in to the plastic tray. Assume this is why I had water in the wheel bay perhaps. I have added some silicone and will see gow it gpes may need to add some more.

So to prevent yourself buying a motomr from ebay at like £150 or whatever they are my advice is strip down fully. Cogs out etc and five a thorough clean. Mine was the worst filth u can imagine but it cleaned up good and works.

Happy to advise if anyone needs a tip on this

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #572664 13th Nov 2020 11:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1