Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > range rover for short milage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I wanted a clean version, the diesels cost money to drive into a low emission zone, the 5.0SC is considered eco friendly Smile So to me the petrol version was a no brainer.

That 4.4 lump wasn't fast in a BMW, so I totally get what you mean. That 5.0SC is loverly with 510'ish HP as standard and 625Nm of Torque. It is just so effortless to drive. And genuinely provides smiles when accelerating in such a quiet, refined and comfortable manner. Also comes with better suspension and trim level as standard.

I'm barely doing any miles, was going to do about 20miles per day to/from train station mainly for my commute but my commute is at home now. The battery is no issue whatsoever, mine seems to be fine, only been doing about 10 miles per week since March with the occasional longer run up north, down south, and into London.

If you can stretch to a 5.0SC I'd definitely go for it, and don't worry much about these timing chain issues. Sure they are real when it happens, but all cars have stuff that happens. Heck that 4.4 V8 was losing its bore lining and so on. From that aspect it Forums are a scary place as you wouldn't buy anything.

PS. As a reference of speed/feel these are some of the cars we've had; BMW 740 (yup that engine), 750 (lovely and fast, the one with the v12), and more recently Mercedes-AMG GL350d (twin turbo diesel), Mercedes-AMG GLS63, Mercedes-AMG GLC43, VW Golf R.

For a big SUV I much prefer the way the power delivers in that Range Rover 5.0SC even though it is by far the oldest car I've owned recently. Part of the reason for that change was that we were planning to emigrate this year but our intentions were thwarted Wink

Post #572558 12th Nov 2020 8:26am
HS66

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I’d look at getting the 4.2 SC doing those kind of miles, or, if you’re after a cheaper fast 4x4 in honesty the Cayenne Turbo is probably a better bet in terms of performance and handling, the FFRR has a nicer interior and is more relaxing to drive though.

Post #573961 24th Nov 2020 8:58pm
Siftah

Spain 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Martin2 wrote:
Although with a 3 mile a day commute, you should walk/cycle!

Thumbs Up

Post #575235 6th Dec 2020 12:12pm
ur20v

A Trap 

EV and a V8 sound track played through Bluetooth 👍

Post #575248 6th Dec 2020 2:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12