Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Road noise in the rear seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black
Road noise in the rear seats

Happy holidays to all! During this period, I was occasionally driven around in my car, so I got to enjoy the rear seats. First impressions are not favorable, as they are too low and flat for me (1.90m) so I kept sliding forward… Also, the famous theater seating is gone, I have to look between the front seats to see anything, in the L322 it was possible to see forward over the front headrests, not anymore… I understand why they did this, but it’s a step back from the previous model, at least regarding the rear seats comfort… And don’t try to seat 3 persons, a longer journey is very unpleasant…
Anyway, the main concern is the noise coming from somewhere around the rear wheels, mostly on the left side. Much louder than in front. I tried figuring out why the street and wheel noise is so present in the rear area, door seals seem OK, maybe the rear windows are not laminated? I stayed both in the left and right seats and the noise is more present on the left side… Could it be because there isn’t really anything behind the left boot panel, at least on the right side there are some electronics, battery, etc., helping with the insulation? I wonder if anyone had this experience, is there anything I could do to soundproof? 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #577468 28th Dec 2020 12:07pm
154JON

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

HI Happy Holidays to you and everyone.
From the drivers seat I also believe I have more road noise coming from the rear passenger side and it seems worse when the road is wet but it can only be heard when car is quite inside.All my door seals look like new as the rear of the car was unused for the 1st 3 years by the original owner. I would also be very interested if anyone knows the cause as I have never had the chance to be mobile in the back of mine. On a very windy drive I also get some wind noise which seems to come from along the bottom of the drivers window. Very Happy

Post #577654 29th Dec 2020 1:58pm
Martin2

England 

I need to be able to carry a large baby seat and 2 x 6 foot teenagers in the car. I was expecting to find the Vogue SE much better for rear comfort as the centre seat is wider, but the seat back / armrest is very uncomfortable and I was delighted to find that the AB Exec rear seating is better. It's not super comfortable but it's OK for a couple of hours apparently and is helped by there being a decent amount of head and foot room.

I've not ridden in the back, but I'm told it's slightly quieter and more comfortable than my previous car which was a (current shape) 7 series with the electrically adjustable comfort rear seats with massage, pillows etc. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #577657 29th Dec 2020 2:12pm
adara

Quote:
It's not super comfortable but it's OK for a couple of hours apparently and is helped by there being a decent amount of head and foot room.

Head and foot space are not a problem in the rear, the flat seating is. I believe they made the seat base so flat as to have a more or less continuous surface when the backrests are lowered.

Quote:
I have more road noise coming from the rear passenger side and it seems worse when the road is wet but it can only be heard when car is quite inside.

The space between the left boot trim and the rear wing is completely empty, at least it is in my car. It’s easy to pop out the trim, there are 3-4 round clips holding it. Inside there is some thin padding and there's also a grill all along the trim, so, basically, between the road and the interior there is not much insulation really… I’m thinking about putting some thick foam in this empty space… 2019 Vogue P400e

Last edited by adara on 29th Dec 2020 10:51pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #577665 29th Dec 2020 3:37pm
adara

OK, I’ve stuffed a 5 cm thick piece of acoustic foam in the left space, I’ll see tomorrow if it makes any difference... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #577666 29th Dec 2020 3:38pm
adara

So, stayed in the middle in the back, noise still there, more present on the left side. The rear trunk windows are basic (not laminated) but also there are vents all along the side windows so I don't think there's much to be done, maybe sound dampening the aluminum panel could help? 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #577911 31st Dec 2020 7:37pm
adara

Today I stayed in the back of my wife's car (Jaguar i-pace) for a 10 miles drive and to my surprise it's much quieter there, no road noise at all, just the noise of the rear electric engine when accelerating hard... I'm very disappointed with the sound insulation of the rear part of the Range Rover... 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #578168 2nd Jan 2021 9:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1