Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > First long drive in the Full Fat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Furnitureman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue
First long drive in the Full Fat

Ive just competed a 465 mile round trip to Anglesey to finish of some bits to a bespoke kitchen and Oak panelled room i have made for a long term customer and apart from the horrendous road noise on the A50 (im sure my D3 wasnt as noisy on the same tyres) the car was sublime very quiet, smooth and much less body roll than the disco, i did notice it was more susceptible to side winds than the disco was on the same rout through Anglesey but apart from that it was a great drive, sitting at 70mph almost all the way the car still says 138 miles left in the tank so better fuel economy as well.

The only things that annoyed me were the parcel shelf being rigid was a pain on a full boot where the D3s retractable would pull over the top of anything and still lock into position (ive got a few ideas on how to sort this watch this space) the rigid one had to be left folded and i am missing my cubby fridge for my drinks i did put a can in the full fats cubby but it got very warm Rolling Eyes and the location of the cd changer in the top glove box has robbed me of useful storage space that my D3 had, i wish there was a way to put the changer in the boot where the dvd changer would have been,

Would i go back to the Discovery not on your nelly the Range rover is sublime and the ability to overtake at will is fantastic, all in a great car 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8
2006 Discovery 3 HSE 260k miles and still going strong with a new owner

Post #583696 14th Feb 2021 6:42pm
Bluespanner

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

A50 is concrete in between Stoke and Derby, it’s very rough.

Post #583868 15th Feb 2021 4:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1