Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Home Alarms
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

The hue system is good, I’ve got loads of innr gu10 LeD downlighters in our living areas, these can be switched as one or individually or as a group, and we have the wireless switches as well set up so one tap does full lights, 2 taps puts a perimeter for the room etc.

The Innr bulbs off Amazon work well and are far cheaper than the Phillips ones.👍🏻 There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #590871 11th Apr 2021 10:59am
mandelbug

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I am making use of Home Assistant. Pulls in information from Ring camera and Ezviz camera's. Have sensors (motion, door/window etc) around the house and can do smart lighting etc. If you're a tinkerer it's a nice option to look at.
Ring ecosystem is nice, but you do pay a subscription fee. There are LOTS of options out there now, including roll your own. I am aiming to remove the ADT monitored solution and save a few quid a month.
Smartlife app, Tuya based devices, I don't know if Smartthings has an alarm system option. My family have been using the Yale alarm kit which seems good and notifies the phone etc.

Post #590887 11th Apr 2021 1:32pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

One of the things that pushed me towards a more professional system back then was the anti jamming and replay protection - at the time it was possible to jam & replay allot of the more home user friendly solutions without triggering the alarm, at best I think you got a push notification to let you know the device had gone offline.

Given the tech people are using to steal high end car’s these days it’s not a huge leap to imagine they might use similar approaches elsewhere.

Hopefully they are starting to catch up with the likes of Texecom, Risco etc now. It’s tough because you get a great alarm with those guys, but the smarts often lags behind / isn’t possible due to the various grades they wish to meet.

Tbh if you have existing cables stick to wired and supplement with wireless when required.. ours have been rock solid and in 5 years I’m yet to change the batteries.

I’m no professional, and all my research is 4/5 years old Rolling with laughter Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Last edited by TJH1985 on 11th Apr 2021 2:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #590890 11th Apr 2021 2:17pm
essex boy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

If you have a wired alarm existing my advise is keep it wired maybe upgrade its much better than wireless a wired pir detector change from a tenner bosch are good

Post #590891 11th Apr 2021 2:26pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

There is a wide variety in wireless, definitely. But don’t think for a moment that those old one way systems are anything like what visonic or ring provide with their wireless solutions. It’s very different.

Can it be hacked, ofcourse it can. Anything can. And so can wired. Heck even easier to hack your telephone landline. Wink

An domestic alarm isn’t even protection in my opinion. It’s just to make your property slightly less attractive then the one down the road. Now if you think you specifically are a target then security becomes a whole different ball game n

Post #590895 11th Apr 2021 2:49pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

wow thanks guys, just getting back online and still reading latest comments. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

EssexBoy that's the box that is there now (I-ON).

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #590907 11th Apr 2021 4:51pm
essex boy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

If its any help did PM you

Post #590931 11th Apr 2021 9:25pm
GGDR

cheers and replied Thumbs Up

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post #590940 11th Apr 2021 10:05pm
GGDR

Quote:
If you have a wired alarm existing my advise is keep it wired maybe upgrade its much better than wireless a wired pir detector change from a tenner bosch are good

Yes I'm starting to think the existing unit may be able to be upgraded at least in the short term but I also like the Ring system after recommends here.

Keeping wired sensors seems best too - although I like Ring the batteries on all those wireless units will do my head in.

. Cheers, Greg

Post #590942 11th Apr 2021 10:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12