Print this entire topic · 
Croker

Spain 

https://itvcitaprevia.es/que-miran-en-la-i...ent-159106

Post #591193 14th Apr 2021 10:36am
Croker

Spain 

ur20v wrote:
Croker, do you have a link to the ITV page where you have options on tyre size and ratings...Spainish police (N322), tyre shops and ITV stations all say you can only fit the permitted tyre size(s) listed on your ITV log book, mine has one size tyre for 20’s and one for 19’s, they check the tyre size fitted against the ITV log book every time, asking at tyre shops, they just refuse to sell anything other than what is fitted as they are liable as well. All point to getting the car to Madrid or Barcelona to the main ITV centers there to get the car checked and an engineers report and approval for the change in tyre size and spec to be added to the ITV log book?!

I wanted all terrain tyres but cannot get any in 255/50 r20 109Y’s

On the ITV page, its states the M+S tyres must comply with the minimum speed rating of 160KmPh..if the vehicle has a higher top speed, then a sticker must be visible to the driver.
Popularmente más conocidos como neumáticos de invierno. Los neumáticos especiales de nieve deben estar marcados con la inscripción M+S, MS o M&S y deben tener una categoría de velocidad, bien igual o superior a la velocidad máxima prevista para el vehículo, bien no inferior a 160 km/h. Si la velocidad máxima del vehículo es superior a esta deberá especificarse en una etiqueta de advertencia de velocidad máxima, situada en un lugar destacado dentro del campo de visión del conductor del vehículo.

Also, its states tyres must meet the MINIMUM load and speed rating on the Ficha Tecnica....but doesnt state relative to size as equivelent size tyres are permitted up to 3% difference to the original
El índice de capacidad de carga es igual o superior a los mínimos indicados en la Tarjeta ITV (Ficha Técnica) o en su homologación de tipo.
La categoría de velocidad es igual o superior a los mínimos indicados en la Ficha Técnica o en su homologación de tipo.
Igual diámetro exterior, con una tolerancia de ± 3%.
Que el perfil de llanta de montaje corresponda al neumático.

[b]
[/b]

Post #591194 14th Apr 2021 10:47am
Croker

Spain 

ur20v wrote:
Croker, do you have a link to the ITV page where you have options on tyre size and ratings...Spainish police (N322), tyre shops and ITV stations all say you can only fit the permitted tyre size(s) listed on your ITV log book, mine has one size tyre for 20’s and one for 19’s, they check the tyre size fitted against the ITV log book every time, asking at tyre shops, they just refuse to sell anything other than what is fitted as they are liable as well. All point to getting the car to Madrid or Barcelona to the main ITV centers there to get the car checked and an engineers report and approval for the change in tyre size and spec to be added to the ITV log book?!

I wanted all terrain tyres but cannot get any in 255/50 r20 109Y’s

Just seen a reply to my question on the ITV webpage and it says its ok.

Post #591348 15th Apr 2021 7:42pm
ur20v

A Trap 

croker, I see your option 20” tyre size is 111Y, what age is you ff, mine is 2008 but lists 109Y for the 20’s.

It’s good to see there is an option, pity we can’t run 275/55’s or even 60’s... 45’s will provide little side wall protection on rocky tracks.

Post #591394 16th Apr 2021 10:25am
Croker

Spain 

Mine is 2007.
Providing you meet the minimum load and speed rating and within 3% variation in diameter compared to Homologated sizes, you are ok.

Post #591396 16th Apr 2021 10:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123