Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear spoiler issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bluebottle

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Rear spoiler issues

So, my first drive after bringing the car home, lots of road spray, I find the rear washer isn’t squirting.

This excellent thread helps me solve the problem (albeit I snapped a small bit off the Censored plastic cover, but it seems to stay on fine).

However, I then put the spoiler back on, do up the bolts, close the tailgate lid - bloody thing isn’t flush with the edges... lid up, remove trim, slacken off bolts, try to wriggle it into better position. It’s having none of it, so I remove the three bolts, lift it off the white plastic lugs and refit. Bolts tightened, close lid: Big Cry crunch, the driver’s side tip has scratched a nice load of paint off itself and the inner edge of the rear frame bit... how the hell has it managed to shift several mm to the right?

Any ideas on how to realign it properly so I can drive home on Monday please? 2012 L322 TDV8 Vogue SE: Buckingham Blue
2005 Defender TD5 110 XS: Cairns Blue - Gone but not forgotten

Post #592916 1st May 2021 10:13pm
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

I had the same issue when I removed my spoiler, the bolts went in but the spoiler was not fully aligned. From memory I remember I had to really push the spoiler right into the frame so it recessed properly and then fit the bolts. Hope this helps and worth a try.

Post #592919 1st May 2021 10:42pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Only thing I can think of is the following - I had mine off not long back to change the reversing camera. When you pushed the spoiler back into position, ( Best to lower tailgate very slowly to check alignment prior to re-fitting bolts ) could it be possible that some of the wiring has been displaced and is pushing the spoiler the wrong way. I remember having to mess around with mine as it the had new wiring that needed 'bending' to the right shape for fitting. Otherwise, are the white plastic locators loose. Hope this helps.

Post #592920 1st May 2021 10:56pm
bluebottle

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I think I’ve solved it.

The keyhole shaped into the spoiler which locates on the plastic lug is not square to the direction of travel. If you locate them both over the lug and then push in the passenger side first, it holds position while you push in the driver’s side. The the nuts appear almost dead centre in the cutouts underneath.

Be careful not to overtighten the bolts or you’ll end up with a dip in the roofline, classic Land Rover, why employ a system that is simple when you can design one which can cause damage to the vehicle? Rolling Eyes 2012 L322 TDV8 Vogue SE: Buckingham Blue
2005 Defender TD5 110 XS: Cairns Blue - Gone but not forgotten

Post #592951 2nd May 2021 12:42pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’ve have mind on/off several times. Never seemed to be an issue. Just line up straight and with both hands push down and towards the roof.

Official torque setting is only 2Nm if I recall correctly. Which makes sense as most of the time a spoiler is held on by just some 3M tape 🤣 So like with everything set the torque wrench and it will be fine 👍

Post #592958 2nd May 2021 3:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1