Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > EML disappeared!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bozmandb9

EML disappeared!

For those of you who've been following the story of my LPG conversion on my S/C, the only real fly in the ointment was an EML which kept coming on.

It was coming up with some fault codes which seem to be implying lean running, however it appears to have fixed itself. There was one thing I did which appeared to make the difference, any guesses? Cost £60

You give up?

OK, it was half a tank of petrol. Due to the LPG, I haven't really bothered to put much petrol in, but after I put half a tank in today, the EML went off, and hasn't been back on since (touches wood frantically).

Don't know why or how, but not complaining, I think perhaps the car just decided to work today, since the intermittent rear screen decided to work today too, perhaps my car just likes sunshine! Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #59432 8th Apr 2011 4:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Does the car have to use petrol to start?
The weather is doing good things to my fuel consumption too - some of my 16 mile trips to town have seen the average readout on the TC up to 33.8mpg, that was this morning but yesterday was over 31mpg too. It was 14c when I started her up so no pre-heaters, no cabin heaters, no heated seats or screens. Also due to the holiday traffic and a spate of mobile speed cams ave speed was well down at 54mph for the normal run. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #59437 8th Apr 2011 5:04pm
bozmandb9

Yes, petrol to start.

I should keep the petrol over quarter of a tank full really, but it slips under that over time, but this is the first time I've put over half a tank in.

You're right about the economy, I'm seeing gains too, especially in less use of petrol, since the engine has to warm to a certain temp before it switches to gas. Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #59443 8th Apr 2011 6:10pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Tim in Scotland wrote:
ave speed was well down at 54mph for the normal run.

Which used to be about the optimum speed for highest fuel economy returns Thumbs Up Dunno if thats still the case but my experiments seem to suggest so. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #59464 8th Apr 2011 7:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1