Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > What does your 19 speaker hifi sound like.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
154JON

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black
What does your 19 speaker hifi sound like.

Morning everyone i am just after some info on the sound of the Meridian 19 speaker surround sound system, after some time of collecting speakers and the premium 1200w amp i have just finished upgrading my Hifi from the 13 speaker system (3 in each door and sub under drivers seat) to the 19 speaker surround sound system using the super premium speakers which adds 2 in centre of dash and 2 each side in the load area, i have also uploaded the new ccf file which gives the head unit the extra sound options and the difference in sound is amazing and has been totaly transformed, the only problem i have is that at the moment the sound in the front seems to be very centre speaker heavy and i don't get the felling that it's blended with the front left and right speakers or the hole car is filled with sound and to be honest from the front i dont hear and sound in the rear at all. I have read that the 19 speaker premium system has something called trifield which is supposed to blend all the speakers together but at the moment i don't get the feeling that is happening, i also read that trifield can be turned on and off but i cant find where to do that so if anyone cound tell me thast might just solve my problem.
All the best. Very Happy

Post #595160 24th May 2021 9:04am
millerj90

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I agree, it does sound a little centrally biased, and even adjusting the balance doesn’t give the sound stage "width" that one might expect.

Having said that, the complete system sounds awesome and distortion free all the way to max volume.

Post #595178 24th May 2021 12:45pm
154JON

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks for the reply ,yes it does sound superb and i fully sound deadened and soundproofed the doors at the same time which also made a big difference,i have since found out that the trified is built into the meridian surround option on the screen and is the little square box with the 3 curved lines in it logo above the word meridian so will give that option a go.
Might also try disconecting the centre speakers to see what effect that has on the different surround sound modes or fiding a way to reduce the volume of the centre speakers like connecting both the tweeter and mid to the same wires as at the moment they both have there own feed.

Post #595185 24th May 2021 1:04pm
millerj90

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I didn’t know you could adjust the tri-field, I’ll have a look for that icon. Good idea about disconnecting or attenuating the centre speaker.

Keep us all informed Very Happy

Post #595188 24th May 2021 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1