Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Stratstone Perth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Royle

Scotland 
Stratstone Perth

Posted this in the wrong place but was meant to be in this section.

I haven't done business with Stratstone Perth but i'm wondering if anyone here has? All of their FFRRs are too expensive at the minute but I would like to go and have a proper look at some, but I've heard some bad experiences with Stratstone in general. My wife says that she would feel out of place and so would I in some aspects as I'm not what a stereotypical Range Rover owner is portrayed as (All a load of mut nuts) So has anyone ever bought a car from them or went and looked around? I take it would be fine to just turn up and look around, as I'm not in the market to be buying from them, they're just my local dealer.

Thanks

Post #48230 30th Jan 2011 8:15pm
Lookers Park Royal

No such thing as a stereotypical RR owner!! Most important thing for us is to 'never judge a book by it's cover'. You should be able to (and both feel comfortable to) walk in to any Franchise LR dealership.

Shame you're not in London as the kettle is always on.

James Thumbs Up

Post #48237 30th Jan 2011 8:31pm
Royle

Scotland 

If I'm down in London this year I might pop in and have a snoop around. Might as well go in next Saturday or in the week when i have a spare moment, be good if they're as welcoming as LPR are Thumbs Up

Post #48242 30th Jan 2011 8:42pm
M44K TS

England 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Most important thing for us is to 'never judge a book by it's cover'.

Too true, I once did a brief stint at a BMW garage working for Mini when it was first launched in 2001, I started the day after my 17th birthday as a trainee salesman, (lasted a month or so as they had cocked up when they realised I didn't have a driving license, I wasn't covered on their insurance when people took test drives and soon re-advertised the job for 18-25 y/o's)

Anyway, the Mini department was within the Use BMW garage across the car park from the main BMW showroom, there were a couple of total nobs that worked in the used car section, one of them upon seeing a couple who had walked through the doors, looking at a £10k 3 series very nicely pointed out to me that, "there's no point going over to ask them if they want help as they clearly can't afford that, look at what they've turned up in, a ropey 3 seires compact, the paupers BMW" This from a bloke who came from nothing himself, relied on a company car to get from A-B as his wifes car was a clapped out F reg Fiesta. I quietly called him a tosser and busied myself with something else.

As it happened, the couple actually came over to the Mini section and fell in love with a red Cooper, they ordered one there and then without even thinking about it, then proceeded to spec it up with the Chilli pack and a host of other options, the car came to just shy of £17k. Cue one patronising and yet smug look to the dickhead "Trevor" from used sales from me, and a nice bunch of flowers upon delivery of the car a couple of weeks later to couple who had bought it. He never really spoke to me after that 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #48244 30th Jan 2011 8:57pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Stratstones are no worse than any of the rest. Most important would be to find out if there's someone there you click with. Once you find a person you feel you can trust then you're almost there.

People do business with other people, not companies. Thumbs Up

Post #48246 30th Jan 2011 9:30pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Royle, I don't look at this section much, but my 2p.

For nigh on 12 years I used my local dealership down the M9 from Stratstone Perth for buying new cars and servicing. They had been excellent and I had bought 5 of my six Land and Range Rovers from them but when I wanted to buy a White Sport or a factory order car they suddenly came over wanting deposits (which they had never done before on factory order cars and telling me no discounts available etc etc.) I travelled up the road to Stratstones who had not one but 3 TDv8 RRS's in 2 of the colours I was looking for, one was a demo car with about 3k miles on it BUT they wanted the same price as for the unreg car that was on the showroom floor! Then they weren't prepared to negotiate on the price of the demo. So I got onto my iphone and emailed Kam100 on the RRS forums who sourced me a car in London available tomorrow if I wanted it! I have been shopping in Lookers Park Royal ever since.

I have since taken my business back for the FFRR and the Evoque - their gain is the local dealer's loss. The nearest dealers to me had the FFRR in for service 3 weeks ago - I was talking to the sales people and they never even mentioned that there was a new model being launched or asked if I might be interested in it................ I still haven't been asked either. You would think they would be trying everything they could to get me back into their car buying customer clientele 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #59739 10th Apr 2011 10:12pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Statstone Stoke offered me £3000 under book trade value for my FFRR against a £20000' 05 HSE Disco.. I was offered actuall book trade value by three other dealers against cars at £17000 for '08 Nissan Pathfinder Mammoth (Top spec special edition) or '05 Disco S. So I won't be buying from Stratstone and have gone down the Nissan route as I need some time out from big bills. Sad as I love my Landies but £3000...or £6000 depending on how you look at it is a lot of money.

My FFRR is dammed near mint as well.. as you will all know I don't wait for failure but try to head them off before at the slightest suggestion of an issue. Ah well. Neutral

Stratstone also services my FFRR from the day I had it so they can kiss my wot not if they think that I'll be going back there as long as I have a hole in my Censored

Just my honest experience Thumbs Up 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #59745 11th Apr 2011 1:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1