Home > General (L405) > Looking to purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rrsport2020

United Kingdom 
Looking to purchase

Hi,

Lost an SVR last year due to theft and now really struggling to get insurance, ive always wanted a full fat and now they seem easier and cheaper to insure than a sport.

Had a couple of questions

Are the electric deployable side steps standard on an autobiography?

I want at least a 2017, ive had 3 cars with the older infotainment and I think thats enough, is it worth paying the large premium for the 2018 model though?

Pricing seems all over the place, would you say £63k for a 2017 autobiography 5.0 with 23k to be reasonable?

Obviously a very different car to an SVR but is the 5.0 full fat still a good spirited drive?

thanks

Post #598071 19th Jun 2021 6:36pm
MonkeyMan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I can only answer one question: side steps aren’t standard, they can be fitted to any model, and are (I believe) done at the dealer rather than the factory. It is also (apparently) quite easy to retrofit them.

Model year, I am led to believe that MY19 (late 2018 model) was the sweet spot, but a 5.0 SC there may be a stellar price and outside budget.

I couldn’t say how the 5.0 SC feels to drive, I can say that I’m very happy in a 4.4 SDV8, although it does lack that ‘sporty’ feel that you sound like you are after. It’s rare that I miss my old heavily modded XJS which could burn anything at the lights, but once or twice a month I get that craving, and if you are like that, then I guess the SC is the only option.

Post #598072 19th Jun 2021 6:44pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

I'm looking at 2018 onwards more for the infotainment and now actually considering newer cars with the D300 or D350 engines to try and get the latest of everything really.

It's a bit of a tough one as theres so many things that might be your constraint, like wood etc.

I sometimes use WBAC to get a trade price or vauxhalls website and then work back from there on price vs the options the cars have. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #598090 19th Jun 2021 9:07pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Best idea would be to go and have a go in a 5.0, only then will you know if it suits your needs in terms of driving style and speed.

The chap next door to me has an SVO 565 and it’s a lovely car and will really shift if asked, but I would imagine the “standard” 5.0 is a completely different prospect to a sport SVR. The 405 is a bulkier car, and is set up differently so will waft along rather than attack the corners, but only you sitting in the car will inform you fully! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #598143 20th Jun 2021 11:36am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

RrSport,

If you buy a pre 2020 facelift ,make sure you get all the latest software updates installed,. including ACP or Android. Also if you can, contact the previous owner to see if they had software issues. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #598144 20th Jun 2021 11:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1