Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > New member
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

hello guys

just been surfing goggle Smile and came across this site, hoping to find a forum on RRs always liked them and got the opportunity to buy 1 a year ago 2005 4.4 autobigraphy, have to say i have driven porsches, ferraris, bentleys, bmw, mercs, but this RR has been the best car I have ever driven wish i converted many years ago tbh. but not going back now Smile

I run a couple of companies, tend to liken myself to be unique not part of the herd and when this RR came up on internet , within 10 mins of seeing it online I was driving 200miles with cash in boot Razz determined to get this beauty.

Spoke to LR HQ about this car to get some history,

RR 2005 4.4 Autobiography, Built and commissioned by LR themselves to showcase at the 2005 Monte Carlo car show, to show what was going to be offered on the new models coming out so all the toys that you want or need Smile. according to them this is the only RR in the world that has my colour. (amber chameleon) 3 in 1 colour that changes i think some TVRs have those too.

get stopped a dozen times a day by people admiring the colour, even stopped by police a few times too for nothing at all Razz, also been offered stupid money to sell it by wed/utd footballers, not a fat chance.

I was thinking of putting up some pictures but just browsing these forums i get the impression that differant is not the norm Sad as i was also thinking of some upgrades wheel wise and bodykit wise. nothing else needed after the LPG conversion.

so hi guys hope to been round for a while o/

cheers

Post #5959 2nd Jun 2009 6:03pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Hi Polux,

Welcome to the Club, And get some pic's up dying to see this colour......... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #5965 2nd Jun 2009 9:02pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Re: New member

Polux wrote:
hello guys

I was thinking of putting up some pictures but just browsing these forums i get the impression that differant is not the norm Sad

cheers
What makes you think that ?

BTW look forward to your pic/s Thumbs Up

Post #5968 2nd Jun 2009 10:15pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

On the contrary, your car is a piece of Land Rover history, let's ee it! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #5974 3rd Jun 2009 8:53am
Polux

2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

so here some pics of it

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

hope the colour pleases, any has thoughts any alloys that would look good looking ofr 20" & chrome also maybe front and rear bodykits.

cheers

Post #6001 3rd Jun 2009 9:27pm
JOKER

Scotland 

See what you mean by eye catching colour, to be honest i don't think the pic's do it justice .

Are the side vents colour coded ?

Personally if it was me ( And no guys , no chrome Honest , MEMBERS KNOW WHAT I MEAN POLUX ) i would have to do something with that grill either , colour code it or change it , the brunel grey door handles,decals,number plate strip, bumper insert and bonnet vent i would change to black.

Bodykits , i think that would take the unique look of the vehicle away , giving it the look of "hey it's Huggy Bear" (for the children ex- Starsky and Hutch)

The alloys are okay but i don't think they go with the appearance of the car a bit like Kylie Minogue wearing soil stained Long Johns if you get my drift.

If your not a fan of the LR products maybe a set of Overfinch Tiger Alloys -- www.overfinchleeds.com

upgrade the rear lights , but hey i could go on .

Interior looks really nice as well ,

Must say you've got a stunning looking machine , wish you many happy motoring miles in it , Major F.M Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #6005 3rd Jun 2009 10:39pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

With that type of paint finish it's virtually impossible to get colour-coded parts (or a bodykit) painted well enough to match.

Post #6006 3rd Jun 2009 11:29pm
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Polux - absolutely stunning colour! As Mick said, I don't think the pics do it justice... Bow down

Congrats on buying a lovely looking machine.

Post #6008 4th Jun 2009 12:14am
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

Must say, the car looks great . As it would be hard to colour code the grill , maybe you should have it chromed ( I'm not into chrome as a rule, but it would probably lend itself to your car , also picking up on the chrome side steps). Is the interior Aspen Spearmint with white leather (it's just it looks similar to mine but not too sure from the photos),
Steve Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #6011 4th Jun 2009 1:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1