Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Solicitors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey
Solicitors

Any solicitors, those with experience on here fancy given me a bit of advice?

So me and the ex split up in January. When I decided my feelings wasn't the same for her I told her she can stay at my property as long as she needs too as covid was still ongoing at the time. Whilst we was together, I paid all the rent, council tax, electric etc so she got a free way of life and only bought food.

Since we split she's pretty much emptied my property and even gone as far as claiming my bike, range rover, trailer and impreza all belong too her. She's stolen all of my tools, my van, garden slabs, power tools etc from me but given the whole lot would have only been worth maybe £2k I simply couldn't be bothered to argue with it thinking it will keep her happy and away from me. I've had her in the past threaten too shoot me but then she's best friends with the Rettendon murder of 95 apparently so I take that all with a pinch of salt so what she says very much don't happen.

I've been arguing with the council about removing her from the council tax bill but they told me unless they have a forwarded address I'll have too pay her share so I was waiting for it too be called too court to explain it there however that was changed before hand. Her mum n dad are now getting involved saying I've given her mental health problems and that I'm a fraud for giving them their address for the council tax. I've proved too them I told the council the only thing I can offer them is her parents address which they accepted.

Does anyone know where I stand in going down the route of claiming my money back of her or is that a dead end job because I paid it and never asked for it....

I know I've made a massive idiot of myself and lost out on over £75,000 but that's life.

Onwards n upwards as they say

Cheers all

Post #602875 5th Aug 2021 11:24am
bishbosh10

United Kingdom 

I'm no solicitor but if the V5's for the vehicles are in your name I would have thought that would go a long way to proving ownership? Bish.

2005 110 TD5 CSW
2011 TDV8 Vogue SE (gone)

Post #602893 5th Aug 2021 2:06pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds like you've had a rough time. Not clear where the loss jumped from 2k to 75k though...

Anything with vague ownership may be tough, but as above, cars in your name should be easier to prove. That said, actually recovering any money is a different matter. Sounds like you need some proper legal advice, but good luck.

Post #602896 5th Aug 2021 2:14pm
dennij

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

A registration document (V5) is not proof of ownership. The registered keeper should be the person who is actually using / keeping the vehicle and this is not necessarily the owner of the vehicle or the person who is paying for it.

I would agree that you need some official legal advice, you should be able to get 30 mins free legal advice if you ask around. 2011 TDV8 Vogue SE

Post #602904 5th Aug 2021 3:51pm
Bean19844

Alistar

The 75k includes all the rent, savings, bills etc as she never contributed a penny to.the house upkeep but was quick enough at taking everything back from me and I've now got her parents going on at me for more. This rate feels like I might as well just go n give them everything including my clothes lol

Post #602907 5th Aug 2021 4:10pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Been there Bean, most important first step is to get yourself a good solicitor. ]

I had false allegations thrown at me, the works at first, and it was her that caused the divorce !

I found a very tough female solicitor, she stopped a lot of the nonsense, still lost a fortune, and due to having a daughter, I still had to deal with the Censored Ex for years.

That was the worst time of my life, finding a tough solicitor made all the difference. Hope things get better soon. Thumbs Up

Edit - My solicitor was worth every penny it cost me.

Post #602919 5th Aug 2021 6:10pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I can’t believe she stole your tools, that’s crazy. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

That said, does she have a ladder and is she available mid-August for some roof repairs? Thanks. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #603059 6th Aug 2021 10:37pm
Bean19844

Merchy

Cheers mate. That's much appreciated. Think I'll have too go n have a chat with a solicitor and see if they can advise me.on where I stand legally. I'm grateful there's no kids involved that's for sure but I've always been a bit of a pushover so now it's time for me too see if I can get anything back. She claimed that we had £40k in savings so why should I loose that when she had a free house for 7 years

Post #603178 8th Aug 2021 10:30am
chris595959

2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Mariana Black

Been there done it got the teeshirt
My only advice is get a female solicitor as they think the same way as your x and can hopefully help you more
Good luck

Post #603279 9th Aug 2021 2:40pm
Bean19844

Cheers Chris.

Can't say I was expecting her too be like this but seen as her family claim to have plenty of money I'll be going for as much as I can from her.

Post #603345 10th Aug 2021 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1