Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > L405 Headlining swap - large rear vents and no grab handles?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
number76

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black
L405 Headlining swap - large rear vents and no grab handles?

Hi, been trying to do my own research into this, but not really getting anywhere!, so thought best to ask here.

I am going to swap out my light grey colour Alston/Suede/Alcantara headlining, sun shade, all pillar trims, cirrus door cards, consul sides dash board panels and tailgate trims along with anything else light and replace for Ebony.

I managed to acquire a full headlining but after inspection i have noticed something really odd, and i can not find another one like it from searching the web, even the part number on the back brings up zero (not a CP LA number). Has the dates on it but that's it. Maybe someone else has access to another part number database that can use what's shown?.

The part number on the vents is CK52-519A15-BCW.

Its from a L405, has that on the part too, but no luck in finding another one anywhere that has the larger rear roof vents and no grab handles?, has anyone got a L405 like this?.

I have the larger vents to go in (missing one silver surround that i hope i can find somewhere?). And can see that they bolt into the grab handle holes, but i am guessing that the tubing that feeds these are going to be different in the actual roof once i pull down the one i have (with the normal grab handles and smaller vents).

Very odd...looking forward to hearing if anyone has the same one fitted as this one and be good to know why!. Thanks.

2014 L405 3.0 V6 Autobiography Santorini Black 49k

Post #609778 20th Oct 2021 10:08am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

strangely if you delete the 'bcw' on your part number it comes up as an interior lamp .. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #609781 20th Oct 2021 10:32am
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

Does the LWB 405 have extra vents? Is the headlining the same length as your current one? FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #609783 20th Oct 2021 10:35am
number76

Stan - Yes, i did see that from a Russian site from memory it said =

519A15A Console - passenger assist, lh, ebony headliner, premium air conditioning-front/rear, premium air con hybrid front/rear

So premium Air con / Hybrid is different then to the 2 zone air con?.

James - Checked many pics for them all, inc the LWB and nope. Just handles and smaller vents fitted that i saw.

Yes, the same.

Just have found a pic from the early launch... maybe they just did one year and then changed for smaller and handles?...It must be a early Autobiography 1.3.13?. Still would like to know if anyone else has this style fitted!.

2014 L405 3.0 V6 Autobiography Santorini Black 49k

Post #609785 20th Oct 2021 10:39am
number76

As a follow up to this, found this link: https://www.ovalnews.com/2012/09/2013-rang...rover.html

Seems it was for the executive seating in the rear option - for the 4 zone to work.

Not too sure that it will work in mine, as to where the larger vents go / bolt in where the grab handle would be.

Unless i remove it all (as i can not find a diagram of the vent pipework anywhere!) i don't think i'll find out if the vent pipe i have in my roof will be in the same location for the larger vents. 2014 L405 3.0 V6 Autobiography Santorini Black 49k

Post #613016 18th Nov 2021 11:07am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Mine has a full leather headlining and no rear handles, is a SV Autobiography and has the signature sound which is the additional speakers plus the two large air vents either side. Mine only has handles in the front. I have the 4 seat exec seating with four zone air which i assume is the difference.

Post #613035 18th Nov 2021 2:36pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

My AB exec seating is the same - build date Feb 13.

Sorry about photo quality.

Click image to enlarge
 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #613077 18th Nov 2021 8:12pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

My LWB SV 4 Seater has handles and vents whereas a mates 13MY 4 seater Exec Seating model has the same vent configuration and no handles as your pic... Hope that helps sir? Thumbs Up

Post #613110 18th Nov 2021 11:05pm
number76

Thank you very, very much guys for taking the time out to get the pics for me and the info too.

Very kind indeed.

Collecting the rest of the interior parts i need for the "Black" conversion, its not as easy as you might think!. Trying to find a good used Panoramic roof sun blind in Black...

Risking parts that have been removed by breakers with a 20t track machine for a fairly delicate plastic trim part has proven to be a pain in the a** as most don't really care for parts removal from a damaged/crashed vehicle as much as i would like them too!. Never anything local either so its a game of chance for now. I might just put a wanted ad up here for some bits i need.

That's with out the 2020 conversion i am in the process of collecting the bits needed. Prices for headlights seem all over the shop, that's both front and rear's. And then with the only "working" loom conversion at £1000. Its still an expensive conversion.

On a side note, has anyone who might read this tried a new 2018 on style door card on their pre 2018?. Wiring i am guessing will be the issue. Just an ask...

Any way, thanks again. 2014 L405 3.0 V6 Autobiography Santorini Black 49k

Post #613147 19th Nov 2021 12:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1