Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Beginning of my FF Ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
powerbook

United Kingdom 
Beginning of my FF Ownership

Morning all. At long last I have joined the club. Next week I collect a 2016 4.4 SDV8 AB. 

Not sure why it has taken me so long to join the club. I have admired the FF for more years than I care to remember. I think ultimately I came to the realisation we only have one life so why settle for second best? 

Photos will follow shortly as keen to gauge opinion from the old hands. In the meantime would be grateful for some advice regarding gap insurance. I have signed up to 4 years gap insurance at the Main Dealer but have since found a cheaper quote from https://totallossgap.co.uk/ that also covers 5 years.

I mentioned this to the MD Salesman and my wish to switch to totallossgap, and although pleasant/professional he did caution me on purchasing third party gap insurance policies, as the cover is unlikely to be as comprehensive as LR.

I do understand MDs need to make money and selling this type of insurance is likely an important element. However before I cancel the LR policy and switch to totallossgap I thought I had better check in with you guys. My circumstances and cover requirements are basic/standard, i.e. Return to Invoice cover for the UK. The extended 5 year cover is my primary focus. The financial saving, although welcome, probably equates to one fill up at the pumps.

I have to let the MD know shortly as I collect the car next week. Therefore any advice would be gratefully received. I don't want my first ownership decision to be a poor one!

Thanks.

Post #612496 13th Nov 2021 10:17am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

", as the cover is unlikely to be as comprehensive as LR"
That bit sounds like car salesman Censored - if it pays out any difference between insurance payout and invoice amount then I can't see what difference there is other than the salesman wont get commission.
IMHO all of these "extra" insurances are a waste of money, in many years of motoring I've never had an event where I could have been paid by one of the GAP/Tyre etc. policies

Post #612515 13th Nov 2021 4:37pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I agree . Have never taken out these extras ever.

Post #612525 13th Nov 2021 7:36pm
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

+1 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #612566 13th Nov 2021 11:35pm
gettingold

United Kingdom 

You could ask who under rights the JLR policy and compare to your sourced policy. As others have said above proportionately it’s most unlikely you’ll claim but it’s peace of mind that stops those what if voices. Equally then get tyre insurance etc…….

Seriously though don’t get sucked in by the MD sales blurb, remain financially level headed whilst enjoying the excitement of the new car. visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk

Post #612580 14th Nov 2021 7:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1