Home > My Range Rover > This car is a lemon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

goddo wrote:
Sounds like a real horror story Hoyboy.
Maybe now is the time to name and shame?
I don't think this appalling attitude by Dealerships is confined JLR either.
My daughter bought a new Audi and was treated less than acceptably when a few niggles cropped up that, in the past, would have just been dealt with under warranty.
As someone said earlier "Walk away and take your money/custom elsewhere".
Trouble is , where to do go to get better treatment these days although I do accept that not all dealerships are the same.

Yeah sounds like the grass isn’t always greener. The chip shortage doesn’t help either. They know that the cars sell themselves and they need to put in zero effort with next to no customer service. The sales bloke was telling us when we picked up the car that they have no sales targets due to the chip shortage so there’s basically no incentive for them to do their job, which explains the lack of customer service.

Yeah of course. The dealership is Beadles North West London and I think it’s a pretty new dealership. It’s only been there a couple of years. Based on my experience I would never recommend them to anyone whether it be sales or after sales care.

Post #612893 17th Nov 2021 12:33pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Mr Tee wrote:
Sorry Stan , a bit o/t but...

Was reading a thread on pistonheads the other lunchtime, bloke buys Rolls Royce dawn sight unseen from one of their dealers. Turns out the car was used previously as a hire car, quite a few faults along with evidence the dash had been taken out to fit a mileage blocker. Bloke was getting the run around to a level land rover would be proud of. Then the MD of RR got wind then lo and behold, guy gets a replacemnet , very much upgraded motor.

Have a gander:
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic....;t=1890811

Just had a skim read through it now but will read it properly later.

Wow I mean if that’s the level of service received from the Rolls Royce dealer then it sets the bar really low. Even though the OP should have never had to go through any of that trouble in the first place at least eventually they did the right thing and the OP finally got the right outcome.

Thing is I wouldn’t hold my breath that Land Rover would do the same thing.

Post #612894 17th Nov 2021 12:44pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Have to agree, it's worthy of a proper read. There's also another belter with a civic type r , probably best to start a new thread on that, stan will throw a wobbly... Whistle

Post #612906 17th Nov 2021 2:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12