Print this entire topic · 
teeleh

Netherlands 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey
Nice review at Autogefühl

The review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8lqmOQ2qc

Beautiful color:

And a lot of information on the new backseat/thirdrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJJOwCezkjk RR's that are part of my car timeline since I bought my first RR Classic in 1999:

On the waiting list for the RR EV MY2025 Wink
RR P550e Autobiography MY2024
RR EVOGUE Cabrio MY2017
RR P400e Autobiography MY2020
RR TDV6 Autobiography MY2016
RR TDV6 VOGUE MY2013

RR TDV8 VOGUE MY2009 & MY2006
RR TD6 VOGUE MY2004

RRC 3.9i VOGUE MY1994 & MY1992

Last edited by teeleh on 5th Dec 2021 9:00am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #614760 4th Dec 2021 7:44pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #614785 5th Dec 2021 1:02am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I am watching all the reviews I can and thought that had to be the worst. Why do they all go on and on about the stupid fold up tail gate seat. FFS.
He clearly just has a following but is largely clueless, demonstrating the Pivipro like a 6 year old doing show and tell.
On the Land Rover site and a pop up appeared saying chat, I clicked on and asked if I had the executive seats is there still a ski hatch, she did not know and took an e-mil, heard nothing.
Seeing it again tomorrow at dealers so hopefully will get all the answers then. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #614801 5th Dec 2021 10:15am
teeleh

Netherlands 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

I guess these reviews are quite useful to get some detailed footage of certain specific areas of the car, less for a perfect explanation for LR enthusiasts who will always be into the intrinsic details vs. the mass market that will never own one. RR's that are part of my car timeline since I bought my first RR Classic in 1999:

On the waiting list for the RR EV MY2025 Wink
RR P550e Autobiography MY2024
RR EVOGUE Cabrio MY2017
RR P400e Autobiography MY2020
RR TDV6 Autobiography MY2016
RR TDV6 VOGUE MY2013

RR TDV8 VOGUE MY2009 & MY2006
RR TD6 VOGUE MY2004

RRC 3.9i VOGUE MY1994 & MY1992

Post #614803 5th Dec 2021 10:24am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Dixy wrote:
demonstrating the Pivipro like a 6 year old doing show and tell.

That said, the loan car I’ve had since Wednesday still baffles me! I’m not a fan either! The glitches, the constant crashing of the hole infotainment system on a brand new car is just unacceptable! What’s the 460 going to be like with many more features? I’m not confident…

Post #614809 5th Dec 2021 10:48am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I think the infotainment system is a huge black hole that the motor manufacturers are being sucked into. My 90 year old mother has a mobile phone with 4 buttons on it only, the only thing she needs is to be able to speak to one of 4 people.
The trouble is it is only fixed cost to provide software so they let some spoty IT geek who will never want a full fat loose adding features that will never be used but mean they can pad the sales fluff.
Most accidents are caused by distraction and this is just fraught with danger, everything below dash boared level should be controlled by muscle memory and no need to look, you dont need lane assist if you are looking where you are going.
If I want hot air on my feet in the defender I push the 2 levers to the right of the steering wheel down.

Rant by an old git over. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #614823 5th Dec 2021 11:21am
Slow progress

United Kingdom 

I feel your pain!

Two things to note:

1. Why can’t we just have a big screen that you hook your personal phone up to? That way you can access a sat nav you know, and just have buttons for the controls?? I may also be a tad old fashioned but I like using buttons they work independently and they can be a nice tactile thing!

2. Just for longer term reference, the new L460 has started to reintroduce steel into parts of the underbody and other structural elements where the L405 parts are Aluminium, so it’ll be interesting to see how the corrosion protection holds up (to my knowledge all parts are galvanised one way or another.

To be fair we thought L322 would be a hard act to follow, and they succeeded, now I feel like that for L405 😀

Post #614841 5th Dec 2021 1:22pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Dixy wrote:
I am watching all the reviews I can and thought that had to be the worst. Why do they all go on and on about the stupid fold up tail gate seat. FFS.
He clearly just has a following but is largely clueless, demonstrating the Pivipro like a 6 year old doing show and tell.
On the Land Rover site and a pop up appeared saying chat, I clicked on and asked if I had the executive seats is there still a ski hatch, she did not know and took an e-mil, heard nothing.
Seeing it again tomorrow at dealers so hopefully will get all the answers then.

Dixy, when you see the L460 tomorrow, please can you sit in the drivers seat and let us know you thoughts are as to whether or not you think it feels a bit tight on the bolsters?

I don't know if it's just because I'd got out of the wider seats of the L322 before viewing, but I thought they felt narrower than the L405 and actually a bit too snug on the bolsters.

Also, have a look at the leather quality and finish on the shoulders of the seat, I thought the finish looked a bit poor on the example I saw.

Finally, while the seat base felt more nicely sprung, I thought the seat back looked thinner.

Please let us know your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

Post #614902 5th Dec 2021 5:43pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

aja500 - based on my attendance at the event on Friday I didn't find the bolsters unduly snug, though I am 6'3" and just under 12 stone. Most of my sitting was in a car upholstered with the 'green' cloth, which was comfortable but is regarded by me as designed to make the car accessible to vegans rather than something I would choose. I thought the seats were comfortable, and the bases definitely more padded than my 2017MY. Perhaps because the bases are notably more padded and the backs about the same as what I am used to, the backs seem thinner.

As to the leather quality, as you are used to Cullinan level, the RR will be a distinct step down anyway. There are of course two grades of leather and I did not check the spec on the car with the leather upholstery as to whether it was Windsor or semi aniline. It seemed OK, but I was not in that car for long. In some respects the cloth was nicer to sit on (less movement about and warmer) but the greater challenge of cleaning presented by the cloth and the question mark over appeal at trade-in time would have me choosing the leather. There were leather samples in the showroom and the Windsor was certainly on the firmer side. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #614909 5th Dec 2021 7:13pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

i'm also looking for NEW information in the new youtube videos. Hardly any new info, just new footages. But I think I managed to zoom in on the tyre size in one of the videos: 285/45x22. That means that the 23" wheels will have the dimension 290/40x23. Not many tyres to choose from in the 290-295-305 /35-40 x 23 sizes...

Something to check tomorrow, Dixy?

And also the speakers at the top front of the doors - how do you feel about this arrangement?

Post #614910 5th Dec 2021 7:16pm
aja500

CS wrote:
aja500 - based on my attendance at the event on Friday I didn't find the bolsters unduly snug, though I am 6'3" and just under 12 stone..

Thanks for all the info CS, looks like I need to go on a diet! Smile Smile

Post #614915 5th Dec 2021 7:41pm

United Kingdom 

I guess you all tried adjusting the bolsters? If you got in behind me you would have thought it was tight because I adjusted them for maximum hold Rolling with laughter .

When I saw the car at an event in Mayfair yesterday I was pleased with it overall. The things I didn’t like were having seat controls spread all over the place. Some on the door, some on the screen, some on the heater dial. Who ever thought that was a good idea? The seat controls on the screen were just too laggy for my liking. Not an issue for me because I tend to set my seat once and it will remain like that for the entire time I own the car but if I wanted to regularly have a different position it would annoy me. Buttons on the side of the seat base are my preference .

I like the large screen but I expect it to perform like an ipad and it just doesn’t unfortunately. I don’t really understand why they can’t spend that bit extra to make it work more smoothly.

My biggest issue right now is colour. I always tend to have dark colours but I think this one looks better in a light colour so that you get the benefit of all the detailing. But there are no decent light colours available.The gold colours look good in a showroom but they will not be easy to shift second hand I would have thought. Which only leaves white (no thanks it’s not a Sport) or silver (very bland). I quite like the SV rusty colour in the videos but you can’t get that on a non SV.

Post #614923 5th Dec 2021 9:09pm
aja500

I couldn't find the bolster adjustment, where was that, on the screen or door?

I believe there was lumbar support but didn't know there was side bolster adjustment - Are you certain 5.0?

I'm 100% with you on the whole colour thing, I'm glad it's not just me. The dark colours and blacked out rear lights just don't work to my eye., it just makes me think pimp'd BMW 3 series with blacked out rear lights.

Also, the Batumi Gold, (which I currently have spec'd) as you say looks great under bright showroom lights, but I saw one last week in the metal, near Solihull, and I think I may need to change it.

I've spent hours looking through the colour options, but I'm still really struggling - Think I'm going to enquire about doing a special order colour, and go with Aruba again, dependent on cost.

For me this would work:

Click image to enlarge

Post #614926 5th Dec 2021 9:23pm

United Kingdom 

The bolster adjustment is on the screen along with lumber, headrest, upper backrest and seat base extension adjustments.

Post #614933 5th Dec 2021 9:39pm
aja500

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #614934 5th Dec 2021 9:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>