Home > General (L405) > 17MY 4.4, 17MY SVA Dynamic, or 18MY 4.4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
L19 MUD

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
17MY 4.4, 17MY SVA Dynamic, or 18MY 4.4

Hi All,

After 6 years of enjoyment of my 2010 MY 3.6 TDV8 (bought from a member on here) I think I am ready to take the plunge on an L405. A mate of mine desperately wants to buy my L322 so this feels like a good time to do it.

Initially I was hoping to stick to a budget of 50-55 which would get me a 17MY 4.4 in decent spec and with sub 50k miles, I then got carried away and spotted a lovely SVA Dynamic at 70. This then prompted a search at that value to discover 70 would get me a facelifted 18MY car. Enough of the ramblings.....what would you do based on the following?

- Spec is important to me - adaptive cruise, adaptive headlights, adaptive suspension are all a must as I love them on the L322
- I am not interested in the 3.0. I would prefer the extra power and reliability of the 4.4 over the fuel consumption as do sub 10k miles per year
- I want to buy something that feels up to date to use with Android auto etc, is the 18MY car infotainment a big upgrade?
- Are there many upgrades from 17MY to 18MY other than infotainment and subtle exterior changes? I know the seats changed to a different design which do not look as nice in my opinion
- Just how bad on fuel would a SVA D be? If the 4.4 Averaged 28 on mixed driving would the petrol be lower than 20? Less of a cost issue and more a case of hating always being in the filling station. My old 4.4 M62 only managed 10mpg round town which was a pain. In addition I do tow a 3 axle 3500kg trailer at times.

Thank you!

Post #617096 21st Dec 2021 12:50pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

I was in the same spot as you, I Choose the MY18 facelift in March 2021. SDV8 4.4 Vogue SE with extras just awesome.
I dont regret it at all, OK in my case due to my driving style I live with fuel dilution, but I now change the oil every 4-6 months Whistle anyway.

Love the HUD, was always sceptical of the early attempts, but wow just love it, would always want it on any future cars.
The adaptive cruise and the adaptive headlights amazing tech also the reverse x-traffic detector has saved me a few times lol
The forward alert and emergency braking useful to switch on during motorway journeys as is the lane assist.

The infotainment system Touch Pro Duo is light years ahead of the previous system in my view. It actually has a great Sat Nav system which has monthly updates (subscription required) download on a stick and easy installation in car. Also with app can plan journey and send to car etc.

The Deployable side steps for me and passengers are a must also, I always set to lower to access height, when any door is opened. Use it or lose it lol.
The mood lighting is nice but have settled with purple and never change it Rolling with laughter

Dont use the built in cooler, waste of a good storage space. Dont use the DVD either in fact I haven't even tested if it works another waste of space Rolling with laughter
I have the cabin ioniser but cant tell the difference when its on or off Rolling with laughter

Good luck 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #617109 21st Dec 2021 2:42pm
L19 MUD

Thank you for your detailed reply. Can I ask some more questions?

I have not heard of oil dilution problems, do you mean with diesel? Is this a known issue? I do all my own repairs and servicing and this one will be no different. I don't trust other people to touch my cars unless I really have to. As I keep them for a long time usually the cost saving more than offsets the reduced value from not having main dealer history.

What are extras on the SE that you get as standard on the Autobiography?

I have not had HUD in anything yet is that an SE standard feature? Is touch pro duo a new feature for the 18MY cars?

Mood lighting lol!! Did not know that existed

Post #617112 21st Dec 2021 3:04pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Everything will be a cost option on an 18MY sir... The SVAD will be a lovely place to be and will have the far superior 5.0 engine that should average somewhere around 18-20mpg overall...

If spec is everything to you? Take a good look at 18MY AB cars as most of the goodies like HUD will be options... Thumbs Up

Post #617117 21st Dec 2021 3:30pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Look at the brochures and see what was standard for each model below, you will see the change to the dash with Touch Pro duo

The 2018 Brochure is here https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/L405_19...799859.pdf

The 2016/17 is here https://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/LRGL-RA...799855.pdf

Search Oil dilution on here, yes its diesel only due to DPF regenerations you will find plenty of opinions Rolling with laughter
Not a problem as long as you do your own oil changes. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #617132 21st Dec 2021 4:47pm
L19 MUD

Excellent thanks - looks like it has to be a 2018MY Autobiography for me, preferably with the Signature audio

Post #617135 21st Dec 2021 5:10pm
Martin2

England 

Good choice. I'd have liked the Signature audio as I had the £5k B&W in my 750, but I was looking at 12 month old cars and it's super rare unfortunately. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #617138 21st Dec 2021 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1