Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > 2023 L460 SV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 
2023 L460 SV

https://uk.motor1.com/news/555195/landrover-range-rover-sv-debut/ 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #616824 18th Dec 2021 3:58pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I was extremely disappointed when i attended the reveal of the L460 SV in the flesh.

The white switches look like they should be in the kitchen/bathroom, the arm rest adjusters are also white ceramic, which were scratched and marked badly, and with it being white really showed up.

Obviously you do not have to have the white but then when changing that you also end up losing bits because it comes in 2 different packs. If you want to have what you want then its a cost option premium.

The seats, at the reveal, were heavily stained, passenger and drivers seat were NOT leather, it was an environmental friendly faux leather. When i pointed out the staining, i was told by an LR rep that it was caused by people getting in and out of the car Thud Thud

In my opinion, you would have thought these cars would have been in pristine condition, as it was The Reveal Of The New Range Rover Model, but all it highlighted to me was the fabrics and white ceramic would not last long in daily use.

Furthermore, the wood veneer, is not real wood veneer, but an environmental friendly lookalike and it really shows on the finish of the edges, especially on the doors and dashboard. You cannot have black shiny Ebony, only Matt, unless you pay a cost option premium and at the time of asking a carbon fibre finish was not available anymore.

In my opinion accessories and other bits and pieces should come as a no cost option, as with the previous model, because you are paying a hell of a lot of money. So these 2 packs, i mentioned should be interchangeable, but they are not unless you pay a premium.

And to finish, what the hell were they thinking with the SVO badge on the back of the car, white ceramic Censored Censored 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #616842 18th Dec 2021 7:01pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

The black ceramic is nicer, but the SV is far too Dubai for me.

Post #616845 18th Dec 2021 7:53pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Was speaking with a client recently who knew a factory test driver. Consensus, not as good as previous ..... built way down to a price .. I shall say no more .

Post #616850 18th Dec 2021 9:59pm

United Kingdom 

I can’t see the point in the SV L460 other than the ability to demonstrate you have spent more than anyone else. On the L405 there was a good reason to buy it (all options included, higher tuned engine, more dynamic chassis tuning etc). It looked sensible value compared to a specced up AB and had a dynamic advantage. This new SV is just a few different styling details and nothing else. Other than the wheels there is nothing on it that I would want over an AB. I don’t know what the price increase is of SV over AB but I can’t think that any of it will be recovered come resale.

Post #616923 19th Dec 2021 4:14pm
RRV8SC

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I've never understood why SV bother when there's Overfinch, Project Kahn and Halfords available.

Post #616935 19th Dec 2021 6:44pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

RRV8SC,

This is the whole reason why SV was started. They are just following what Mercedes done with AMG and other manufacturers.

Land Rover realised they were missing out with Overfinch, Khan ( which produce awful Cars in my opinion) and others were producing bespoke altered Range Rovers, but some of these modifications that have been done by some other companies become detrimental to the safe operation of the car.
For instance body adaptions which have been altered that will affect engine cooling or Brake performance etc etc.

So, SVO provide vehicles which will still perform as they were designed to.

Thumbs Up 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #616939 19th Dec 2021 7:16pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mr Tee wrote:
Was speaking with a client recently who knew a factory test driver. Consensus, not as good as previous ..... built way down to a price .. I shall say no more .

Anything in particular the test drivers pinpointed? Where the test drivers thought LR had cut corners to cut costs?

Post #616942 19th Dec 2021 8:31pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mr Tee; was it the SV model the test drivers complained about? Or in general the L460?

Post #617628 27th Dec 2021 12:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1