Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Screen keeps rebooting and no reverse camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TDV8_NCS

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
Screen keeps rebooting and no reverse camera

OK, a bit strange this one. The car is a 2008 Tdv8 SE. The screen keeps rebooting every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes it just flashes and the red light on the on/off button flashes a few times. Other times it's completely restarts and you get the Landrover logo startup screen before coming back. There are quite a few similar posts to this which I've read. The unusual thing is the reversing camera does not come on the screen when this happens (and you have put it in reverse). Sensors and reversing lights are working properly.
I disconnected the battery for a few mins and when reconnected the problem had gone. Reversing camera working and no rebooting. Felt like I had reset the system and this had done the trick,. However 2 or 3 days later its back to the same.

Anyone been here before???
Neil

Post #618726 4th Jan 2022 6:38pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Water ingress in the LHS of the boot sir... Open the panel and have a look for signs of damp on top of the BlueTooth module Thumbs Up

Post #618779 5th Jan 2022 12:10am
TDV8_NCS

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks, I have had a water issue in the last 6 months but eventually solved it. To be honest I was creating water leaks as I fixed other water leaks and so I have seen most of them now. It's been dry for at least two months and I wasn't getting water in the electrics, mainly due to a Range rover plastic sheet that had been put over the modules and so any water coming down the outer panel was kept away from the electrics.
I have picked up from other posts that the Bluetooth module is the place to start, I was hoping the fact that the reversing camera fails at the same time might point to something specific.
I'll start in this area...... Thanks for the advice
Neil

Post #618867 5th Jan 2022 2:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1