Home > Technical (L322) > Poor Fuel Flow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bear De Beauce

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Cairns Blue
Poor Fuel Flow

Afternoon All,

We've just moved back to our place in Spain and, as we are 'rural', we brought the L322 with us (it's a bit like Overlanding just getting to the house!)

In typical fashion, just a few days before we departed Blighty's shores it was decided that we should take a trip to see the Parent's in law and surprise, surprise the car ceased functioning after about 45miles - just about every warning light possible seemed to come on, followed by the twelfth overture of 'bongs' and we coasted gently to a stop on a junction beside the A14, turned off the ignition and left it for a moment or two and, after a couple of cranks, it fired right back up! We weren't prepared to risk the rest of the journey so did a prompt about face and started off home - lo and behold - circa 10 miles later and the old girl decided she needed another rest and a visit from the AA man!

The nice man from the AA informed me that the ECU was reporting a low fuel flow code (and two others connected to fuel flow), but she eventually started following his ministrations (going from zero fuel pressure to somewhere around 800 Psi/Bar (I don't recall which tbh)) allowing us to return home.

I'm (clearly) no mchanic, but logic said that if we had nearly a quarter of a tank of fuel and a fuel flow issue then a filter was a likely culprit, so I had the local garage change this for me and all was good.

Car loaded, trailer hooked, full tank of V Power Diesel and we headed South - without any car related incidents what so ever for the first day (having refilled mid France at a quality service station and planning a second stop just after the 'border' at San Sebastien ........................and there the joy ended, with 100km of fuel 'apparently' left in the tank

Sat beside the E5 for several hours, whilst the European AA cover that we had purchased a great expense let us down, but eventually got the car recovered to our 'home' town and a rental car for us and the dogs etc.

However, when the car arrived at the garage it started with no problem at all - I've since brimmed the tank and driven around 100km with no problems at all.

Do we think this is just a crappy fuel sender unit or something more sinister (read expensive!)

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Post #623900 16th Feb 2022 4:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1