Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Perfect Weekend
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey
Perfect Weekend

I took my 1959 Series 2 to the Dunsfold collection weekend and spent two whole days indulging in all varieties, some really rare, some totally unqique. I even met the previous owner of the Series 2 from a nearby village from 30 years ago, he is going to send me pictures of her getting muddy.

I thought the TV in the my RR was a bit superfluous, used when waiting at the station for the wife, or other trivial occasions. Until today, when my wife drove into the show, parked up next the Series 2 club stand and we watched the Grand Prix from start to finish in perfect clarity. Pity Jensen or Lewis didnt do better, but still great entertainment! 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #6231 21st Jun 2009 8:46pm
Mapmuppet

United Kingdom 

Decided to pop along as we live in the village, was a little shocked on arrival when we were ushered into the main event to park up. Only spotted one other FFRR 2005 Audi A8 W12
1978 Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9
1986 Mercedes 420 SL 4.2

Post #6247 23rd Jun 2009 3:59pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

May just be my personal experience but I've often found that die hard LR fans are quite anti Range Rover, seeing them as "not propper landys"

Is a shame really considering Land Rover generally takes the technology from the RR and incorperates it into the LR models, like Coil Springs, Disc Brakes, Traction Control, Electric Windows etc etc.

So at shows the "Range Rover" lot are usually stuck in the corner and the "Land Rover" lot take center stage.

On the other hand I do have a deep grained snobbery towards Defenders, Discoverys, Freelanders & Sports, quite frankly they are not as good as a Range Rover on or off road (if you dont mind the scratches) 

Post #6249 23rd Jun 2009 4:33pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

Well, I've had a SIII Stage 1 V8 for 15 years before the FFRR. I've always condidered Rangie's as proper Land Rovers. The difference in my mind is that the SIII will go almost everywhere the RR will go, but with a lot (and I mean A LOT) more drama and a stack more adrenaline. Just more planning and thinking required.

I haven't decided yet whether I prefer getting in the mud with aircon, a CD playing, a screen to tell me everything the car is doing, no real connection with the outside world and a confidence that the car will go where I've asked it or excessive heat or cold, water, loads of noise and smell and that feeling in your stomach that maybe this time you've pushed it too far!

Much more likely to be accepted by "Roverphiles" with a FFRR than a RRS! Especially if you get it muddy from time to time (and I don't mean driving through puddles in Tesco's car park! Very Happy ).

Post #6252 23rd Jun 2009 7:48pm
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey

Thanks for the reponses, the Dunsfold event is a little different to most, as all Land Rovers are welcome and park up in the main field.

The Dunsfold collection has several Range Rovers of all types, including the famous Darion Gap expediton Rangie, prototype L322, launch Range Rover Sport. Phil Bashall even has development series Land Rovers that formed the basis of the first Range Rover see the latest edition of Land Rover Enthusiast with the recently restored prototype V8 series 2 from 1966.

Well worth a vist if he holds one next year for the Range Rover 40th anniversay, he's thinking about it, I will gradually try and influence him over the next few weeks! No doubt about Rangies of all types being welcome then. 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #6253 23rd Jun 2009 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1