Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > New Pirelli Scorpion Family - thoughts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ajmngn

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
New Pirelli Scorpion Family - thoughts?

Has anyone seen the new Pirelli Scorpion Tyre Family range specifically for SUVs? Might just be me getting suckered in by the marketing but the range seems decent and the new All Season SF2 tyre seems like an iteration on from the Scorpion Verde and Zero All Seasons that most run (if on Pirelli).

New Pirelli Scorpion Tyre Family

The only downside is the lack of a 50 profile tyre in either a 255 or 265 width, maybe they will introduce one in time. However, there is a 255/55/20 which would be absolutely fine and probably be a little more comfortable and fill the arches a little better with (hopefully) no rubbing, like those with 275/55/20 ATs seem to report when on full lock.

I’m a little way off needing to replace my set of 265/50/20 Scorpion Verde All Seasons but, it would be great to hear from anyone who has either fitted a set of the new All Season SF2s or who is considering doing so! Andy

2010 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE in Santorini Black with Ivory interior
2017 Audi SQ5 3.0 V6T Quattro in Volcano Red
2001 Audi Allroad 2.5 TDI manual with low-range in Highland Green. Currently SORN whilst undergoing some serious restoration!

Post #628545 13th Apr 2022 10:45am
Rustypiston

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Hello - new here so I don't know what I am doing!

I have a new to me L322 and previous owner installed 255/55 on rear and 250/55 on front for some reason. The rears look better in terms of scale and beefiness given the size of the whole vehicle and on 20" rims. My limited research indicates that the 255/55 will be more comfortable albeit with a marginal speedo error.

I came across this deal yesterday [National Tyres] which I have attached an image of. I have only seen one YouTube review of the "noise cancelling" variant which on balance was positive. I have had Scoprion Zero's on my Cayenne without a problem but recently switched to the Michelin SUV which I think I prefer the look of.

I have to admit being slightly confused by the range - but the data on the noise cancelling variant seems to indicate quiet in use, fuel efficient and good all year performance - I only do road miles no deliberate offroad. I've never had the luxury of changing all four tyres at once so am looking forward to it - and will have the same sizes all 'round...

Post #630771 6th May 2022 11:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1