Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Anyone received there car from guy salmon Portsmouth yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Hotwheels

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Fuji White
Anyone received there car from guy salmon Portsmouth yet?

I am supposed to be the 4th slot, I paid my deposit in august 2021 and was told delivery April/may 2022. I have now been told nothing until 2023? I haven’t even been able to confirm my spec but provisionally first edition d350 or similar, but something seems very dodgy as other dealers have cars, So just wondered if anyone on here has received theirs?

Post #630915 7th May 2022 6:24pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

We're all in the same boat apart from some owners getting their factory pre-specced early delivery cars which are the one's we see for sale.
My spec is not locked yet and I was up near the top of the list when ordering but told I should get my car sometime this year.
Not much anyone can do in this situation apart from sit tight, apparently it'll be worth the wait.

Post #630951 8th May 2022 8:54am
Hotwheels

Don’t mind queuing, as long as people don’t get bumped to the front because they know the bouncer lol!!! Just be good to know how many in the line, so that’s 2 of us....

Post #631155 10th May 2022 6:27am
Hotwheels

AndyS wrote:
We're all in the same boat apart from some owners getting their factory pre-specced early delivery cars which are the one's we see for sale.
My spec is not locked yet and I was up near the top of the list when ordering but told I should get my car sometime this year.
Not much anyone can do in this situation apart from sit tight, apparently it'll be worth the wait.

Any news yet?

Post #642443 8th Sep 2022 11:24pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

In situations like this, it’s a lot to do with “who you know” Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #642451 9th Sep 2022 7:03am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

it wouldnt surprise me if your orders have come through and then have been sold for extra profit to someone else..

the dealer then re-orders your spec and tells you theres a delay in delivery.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #642454 9th Sep 2022 7:39am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Wouldn't surprise me one bit either Stan

Post #642497 9th Sep 2022 1:08pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I don't know how you could suggest that reputable businesses would be capable of such an underhand thing!!!! Wink Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #642501 9th Sep 2022 1:31pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Sytners have 20 L460s on their website just now (at handsome premia to new list price), one does wonder where they came from and how cars were allocated. Maybe some were press launch cars, but there are some with delivery mileages. The wheel of supply and demand will turn and dealers that mucked their customers around may regret it. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #642505 9th Sep 2022 2:00pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Hotwheels wrote:
AndyS wrote:

Any news yet?

Yes, collected yesterday, see my post with pics.

Post #642507 9th Sep 2022 2:24pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

stan wrote:
it wouldnt surprise me if your orders have come through and then have been sold for extra profit to someone else..

the dealer then re-orders your spec and tells you theres a delay in delivery..

Another concern on this subject, is I know for a fact, that there's often more profit in the finance than there is in the car itself. Also, the dealership make great money on add ons like GAP, alloy wheel / tyre insurance, paint protection etc, etc. These are all extras that both the salesman and the individual branch are targeted on, with the commission structures also being linked.

So, if you're like me and you're not taking the finance, or the expensive add on products, I suspect we're not going to be top of the list, and we may see our cars "delayed" - My order number has already changed once, supposedly because of a MY change from 22MY to 23MY

By the way, anyone considering GAP insurance, check with your insurers, most provide reimbursement to full invoice value if written off / total loss within the first 12 months - My advice would be don't bother with it, or if you do really want it, source it online when the car becomes 12 months old, it'll be much cheaper.

Post #642564 10th Sep 2022 7:36am

United Kingdom 

After spending the last couple of months not caring anymore if and when my order turns up, I have started to get really annoyed again as more customer spec cars get delivered. The dealer never contacts me and their responses to my emails are getting shorter and more disinterested as the months roll by. The latest reply from the dealer when asked for an update was a one line “we have no idea when your car will be built, the factory builds cars in random order”. I tried contacting JLR regarding this response and was just given a stock reply that orders are delayed due to supply chain issues and any further information will be available through the dealer.

So basically they will build your order as and when it suits the factory and the dealer may give it to you rather than someone else once other more lucrative customers have been satisfied.

What a way to run a business.

Post #642582 10th Sep 2022 11:14am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

That's a very good point aja500. I hadn't considered that aspect. However, given that my dealer has handed over so few cars, I can't believe that he is being that clever or selective about it.

And yes, 5.0, I'm in the same position. I keep seeing new Range Rovers on the road, and wondering how - despite putting a deposit down before the new car was formally announced - I've ended up so far down the queue! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #642762 12th Sep 2022 11:43am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

May be that’s why I have been given an early Dec build slot, because I asked for a finance quote when ordering last Nov. I’m yet to decide if I will use LR finance or pay cash as the old quote is out of date and they will no doubt re-quote at a higher rate 1 year on. Perhaps it’s best to suggest to the dealer when ordering that you will take finance?

Out of interest I was 30th on their list with 8 LR spec RR’s and 21 personally spec’d RR’s in front of me. Although I’ve used this dealer for servicing for more than a decade I’ve never bought from them because historically their sales team have been useless. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #642763 12th Sep 2022 12:10pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I think the engine spec is the problem for mine, I ordered a P530 and the dealer does not even have their demo.
Still seriously underwhelmed with the lack communication. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #642768 12th Sep 2022 1:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>